October/Halloween/Fall Fests?

karlyh

Hi

Leaving to go home on the 13th... from England back to Georgia US.. This is my time of year to be home with the family and friends... although, I believe this will be it for coming back to the UK for awhile.
Wanted to check in with the folks here at Nikonites that have been so helpful and kind... I've been quiet on here for a little while and once home, I may be just as inactive... much depends on the amount of work and play I can get into.

I have many photography questions still and the list will only grow, I'm sure. Wanted to say too how in the short while and the few posts I've made or interacted within ... I can't say enough how much it has helped me and given me the confidence and the want, to proceed with this hobby I so dearly love.
Thank you all
I'll be quiet but not gone entirely.... and I hope that's okay.

So... in the spirit of making this an actual thread about something besides what I wanted to say to you all... How about October and Halloween? What are some of the things you may have planned or what is a traditional Autumn season event you have? October is my favorite month......I love to see my little monsters dressed up and go out with them... but we also try to have a bonfire and maybe go camping. Hot chocolate and roasting marshmellows... all the fun stuff! Our town has a Fall Fest.. arts and crafts kind of thing... One day I hope to actually have a stall with some prints of my own..... one day. :eek:

Karlyh

LensWork

I love to see my little monsters dressed up

Photo07_6A.jpg

Here in Central Florida, October means it's time for Biketoberfest in Daytona. It brings a whole new meaning to "monsters dressed up".

goz63

It seems that most Halloweens, I am going to be gone on business. Not sure what the reason is, but it seems I am gone more on this "holiday" more than others. Oh well, my son is now 18 and trick-or-treating is long out of his schedule. For the rest, enjoy the fun.

johnwartjr

My family took a trip to an orchard last weekend. This time of year, they have 'hayrides' to their pumpkin patch so you can go out and let the kids select their own pumpkin. This particular place also has a nice sunflower field, train rides, a small petting zoo, and a hog roast every weekend.

There are other things, too, like pony rides, a hay bale 'mountain' the kids can climb on, etc. Great photo ops abound at this place.

Have another local farm to visit too, we have always taken our kids there to get their pumpkins, so even though we were at a place with pumpkins, we still go to the other place to get pumpkins. The one we have yet to visit has face painting, a maze, pony rides etc too.

There's always trick or treating, a large family cookout, and this year, 2 of our closest friends are getting married. My community also has an annual 'ethnic expo', which is a festival of sort where there is a nice parade, music, good food etc. So, October will be a busy month!

I already have a few shots I am considering for my photography club's monthly photoshare, and will have adequate opportunity to capture some more. Looking forward to it!

karlyh

Hope you will at least see some fall color Goz! Safe travels to ya!

John.. that sounds like my kind of town! I love busy Octobers... towns should get together to celebrate more often like that!! In north Georgia where I'm heading... a nice ride in the mountains will find you with small town charm complete with fresh apple cider and boiled peanuts.. Indian corn, pumpkins and all else Autumn.. I love it! I was shocked my first year spent in England....... not much to find about Halloween here, the stores this year however seems to have a small Halloween section happening... so maybe it will come back.