Hershey Porsche Swapmeet

mauckcg

Went to the Swapmeet this past weekend. First time I have had my D5200 at a car show, and a few of the pictures turned out pretty well I think.

1.) Wide body race car. Well used and abused
8679519526_a784331d23_c.jpg
2.) RSR clone from the Rennline tent.
8678410931_e491930efd_c.jpg
3.) Paris Dakar clone also at the Rennline tent.
8678412375_39e4ab10f2_c.jpg
4.) Pair of unusually colored 911 SC's. Most of that color i have ever seen in one spot.
8679523980_a451c9a565_c.jpg

Overall not too bad I think. Left my zoom lens at home due to the rush to get out the door so I only had my 35mm 1.8g. What do you all think?

Thanks,

Chris

crycocyon

That blue porsche is to die for. Holy cow. You made my day with these photos. And leaving that zoom at home was the best decision you made all week. :D

(any more shots? :cool: )

mauckcg

That blue porsche is to die for. Holy cow. You made my day with these photos. And leaving that zoom at home was the best decision you made all week. :D

(any more shots? :cool: )
There are a few more than I need to edit and export to JPEG. The crowds and crowding of the cars made it kinda hard, for me at least, to get the pictures I wanted. I'll get a couple more up in a day or two when I have time.

mauckcg

I'd say, shoot RAW, take a step or two back/side where appropriate. Else pretty good.
One thing i kept coming across when i first started looking into dSLR photography is to always shoot RAW. All of the Hershey pictures were taken RAW. I think almost all of the pictures I took were slightly underexposed. Lightroom brought them back up rather nicely I think.

SkvLTD

Very last one looks a little bit blown out to me. Perhaps adjusting shadows rather than whole exposure would bring up the cars without blowing up the pavement.

Stangman98

The crowds and crowding of the cars made it kinda hard, for me at least, to get the pictures I wanted. I'll get a couple more up in a day or two when I have time.

I know that feeling, but that is where patience comes in. You would rather have 20 amazing, jawdroping shots, than 300 ok shots with only a couple IT shots. I love the first photo!
I would play with the contrast and shadows on the other ones though.
The row photo is nice but seems a bit soft. That is a shot that I would take at f/8-f/11. With a 35mm 1.8 you should be able to hand hold that to 1/50th or slower no problem to let the light in but keep the DOF and sharpness.