d200 in studio

Tacker

Hope this has not been asked too many times. I’ve got 2 x d200 cameras and lens. I use lightroom 2. Ive now got a chance to do some studio work and want to go tethered. Is all i need Nikon camera control pro 2 to do this. Ive looked around on web and sort of confused my self. Some one told me that its in Nikon Capture NX2. Is NX2 an upgrade of Nikon capture NX. Can anyone help ive confused myself big time :confused-new:
Many Thanks

ohkphoto

Snow White
Tethering does not work well with Lightroom and the D200. What I had to do was use Camera Control Pro . . . set up a folder to hold the captures, then set up Lightroom to "auto import" from the Camera Control folder. The view in LR is better than the screen on Camera Control Pro.

Tacker

Ok just ordered a copy of camera control pro 2.. My camera shop says it wont work. Nikon say it should work when I phoned them. So fingers crossed ill find out Friday Many thanks for all that helped me

Tacker

Hi got me copy of camera control pro 2 today just loaded I to laptop. At first it didn't work with me D200. But after changing something on camera it works fine now. ;);) Takes about 2 seconds to come up on Lightroom. Just need a longer USB cable now. Many thanks to ohkphoto for all her help

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacker

Many thanks for help got it all up and running now. Just need a longer usb cable from D200 to laptop. How long can I go with cable can I join more than one together