Looking for an OEM bayonet mount for a 55-105mm NIKKOR lens. Used is fine.

carguy

Looking for a new OEM or other plastic bayonet mount from a parts 18-105mm NIKKOR lens.
Yes, mine broke :(

Ordered one from ebay, said it fit 18-55 & 18-105 ( I had doubts, but it was only $9). Sure enough, wrong part.

Throwing myself on the mercy of the members before I shell out the $ to send it to Nikon.

Shipping to 48309 (Near Detroit, MI).

Thanks!
Joe

nikonpup

nikon parts: I was talking with an inpendent camera repair tech about nikon parts, he has to get his from outside the usa. He was getting parts from canada but his source no longer is taking phone calls from the us.

LouCioccio

Since you are willing to replace the mount then would any mount work even from the kit 18-55? Might be easier to look for one. One of our computer club members call those mount engineered plastic as he works in the plastic industry as a designer engineer. I still like them to be metal. My daughters D70 lens 18-70 came with metal and the two kit lens on my first DSLR came with metal but like anything else; they cheapen it. Example is the auto industry all you have to look at one model that they keep and each version something is either missing or cheapen.

Good luck on your search.

Ciao,
​Lou Cioccio

carguy

My camera shop told me last night, back when they were able to have them on hand from Nikon, 15-55 & 18-105 mounts were interchangeable. I know there are many people out there who would buy a metal version if someone whipped one up :)

Thanks.

carguy

Got the call today, lens is already fixed and returned from Nikon! Nice turnaround.

If anyone in the Detroit area is looking for a good camera repair service, contact OAKLAND PHOTOGRAPHIC REPAIR SERVICE / 30575 Dequindre (just south of 13 Mile Rd), Madison Heights, MI / 248-588-1151

Ask for Roger :cool:

RockyNH_RIP

Got the call today, lens is already fixed and returned from Nikon! Nice turnaround.

If anyone in the Detroit area is looking for a good camera repair service, contact OAKLAND PHOTOGRAPHIC REPAIR SERVICE / 30575 Dequindre (just south of 13 Mile Rd), Madison Heights, MI / 248-588-1151

Ask for Roger :cool:

Good Turnaround!

Pat in NH