Cloud forecast?!

wud

I am going to meet up with 2 girls tomorrow and take some pictures I really wanna try out. Thats good. Bad is - I want sunset on the pictures so we are going to meet really early, but what about the weather??

I think it looks pretty poorly on the wheater forecasts I've found:

Forecast Cloud > Europe

Detailed hourly forecast for Dragør Havn, Capital (Denmark)

Byvejr - Danmark

Would you go for it, looking at the above? I am so nervous about getting them up at that horrible hour, and then not getting anything exciting, due to very very grey weather. I know B&W are good for grey clouds, but B&W are not at all what I am having in mind..

crycocyon

Clouds are not a problem, rain is. Keep in mind as well that even when cloudy, the sun might dip below the clouds at sunset. Remember that you'll have soft uniform lighting with cloudy weather and that can be quite compelling with model shooting (don't need a softbox hehe). Just make sure the girls keep warm. Or take them to an interior location?

wud

Clouds are not a problem, rain is. Keep in mind as well that even when cloudy, the sun might dip below the clouds at sunset. Remember that you'll have soft uniform lighting with cloudy weather and that can be quite compelling with model shooting (don't need a softbox hehe). Just make sure the girls keep warm. Or take them to an interior location?

I would love clouds! And lots of them. My worry are, that most of today, it looked like this: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Lvs7OowlPW4/S...xLOImaO_KNo/overskyet_thumb[3].jpg?imgmax=800
But I have no idea, how it will look tomorrow at 5 in the morning.

Actually its not girls Im photographing, its dogs, the girls are the owners who have to get up way to early, to drive the dogs ;)

crycocyon

Well as long as you have a few meters visibility in front of you, again no problem (hehe). Just imagine that cool action shot of the dog jumping out from a wall of cloud. :cool:

And even if the girls are the dog's owners, still make sure they dress warm or you'll still get in trouble. ;)

wud

Well as long as you have a few meters visibility in front of you, again no problem (hehe). Just imagine that cool action shot of the dog jumping out from a wall of cloud. :cool:

And even if the girls are the dog's owners, still make sure they dress warm or you'll still get in trouble. ;)

It was the most depressive sunset ever, lol. Almost no clouds, sooooo grey and I picked a bad spot. Sigh...