old d70

salty joe

I just bought a D70. It only has a 960 shutter count, so it should take a while to wear out. From what I've read, the D70 is a workhorse.

It has an extra battery, but I wont have the camera in hand until next week.

I am new to digital photography, so I did not feel the need to get the latest best camera. Plus, I'm not exactly rolling in cash or the most tech savvy guy, so simpler might be good.

I will be shopping for a lens or two and wonder if lenses that fit the D70 also fit the newer Nikons. I want to get decent lenses that would be kept as I eventually move up to a better Nikon camera.

Joe

stmv

The D70 can drive the older Auto Focus lens,, and also use the newer G lens, it cannot meter the old manual glass. A very fine Digital camera.

Sambr

Good camera and yes it's a work horse - all current & old Nikon lens will work on your camera. A good lens for that camera is a Nikon 18-70.

Geoffc

Nice camera. It was our first digital and I only sold it recently. The shutter count wraps at 9999 so that may not be accurate. You can get a more accurate reading by uploading an image to one of the shutter count websites.

Epoc

I still have one of my 70's. It has over 90,000 shutters and still shoots fine. God knows how many thousands of dollars this awesome camera has made me and my family. A true workhorse!