New from CA

joshfrisco

Josh here, purchased a D3100 a few days ago. Really, just a beginner at shooting but kind of have an idea what style I would like to shoot. The following shots were taken with the Nikkor 18-55mm VR lens:

Broad daylight
dsc00371a.jpg

Auto edit:
riovistagolfcourse.jpg

fotojack

Welcome, Josh, to Nikonites. I think you'll have fun here, and learn much about your camera and choice of lenses. The 18-55 is a good choice to start off with.

Joseph Bautsch

Hi and welcome to the Nikonites Community. You will find lot's of people here that like to talk about there Nikons and photography in general. You posted two good exposures, detailed, sharp, good color and depth. The second one says Auto edit was used? Was that part of the camera programming or was it done in post processing? It definitely has added depth to the color.

joshfrisco

Welcome, Josh, to Nikonites. I think you'll have fun here, and learn much about your camera and choice of lenses. The 18-55 is a good choice to start off with.

cool, thanks!

Hi and welcome to the Nikonites Community. You will find lot's of people here that like to talk about there Nikons and photography in general. You posted two good exposures, detailed, sharp, good color and depth. The second one says Auto edit was used? Was that part of the camera programming or was it done in post processing? It definitely has added depth to the color.

Thank you for your input on one of the first shots taken. The second shot was processed by the auto correct button on Microsoft Picture Manager, since this is what I use to open up my photos. Although I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.4, time to upgrade maybe?