For those - who have upgraded...

CAM1

For those of you who have upgraded from the D7000 to the D7100. Was it worth it? Just wondering, because I find myself struggling with the choice of attempting the D600 with all its issues or staying with DX and jumping to the 7100. I have had limited success with my 7K and the idea of getting sharper images appeals to me enough to make some kind of change. Any thoughts? Thanks...

Cowboybillybob1

The D600 produces excellent images. Very sharp and using a higher ISO is this camera's forte among some other great features. If you can swing the price go for the D600 over the D7100. It's just a way better camera.

It will take DX as well as FX formatted lenses. Your existing lenses are still useable albeit in DX.. Not to mention that you WILL want full frame sooner of later, might as well make the change now. You will not regret it.

BackdoorArts

Before upgrading, get a handle on what it might be about how you're using the D7000 that's giving you "limited success" in achieving sharp images. There are many here, myself included, that have used that camera for years with great success, so upgrading the camera alone may not give you what you're hoping for. Just saying.

Geoffc

Jake is spot on. If you can't get good results with a 7000 an FX will be worse due to reduced depth of field. When I went FX I had to tighten my technique to account for that. Also more pixels show more problems with technique. Maybe you should post something you think would be improved by a better camera.