Day 1 of my Project 255 A Competitive Learning Journey

MoabLady

Today, my husband and I went out and he taught me how to use the camera that he bought for me. Well, needless to say, between his photo's and mine. I had the best photo of the day. I believe I am off to a good start on achieving my goals.

I do have one questions. Can anyone tell me how to add the text to my photos using Lightroom 4. I tried to use the identity plate but the plate will not stay on my photos when I save them.

This photo was taken at the local zoo.

Day 1 Gorilla 1 Photo site (1 of 1).jpg

Day 1 Tiger 1 site (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MoabLady

Day Two photo

he taught me how to take a pictures of water that give the water a foggy effect.

Still trying to learn how to edit photo's in Lightroom 4. I am sure after about a year of learning the program my photo editing skills will improve. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I am really enjoying my learning journey.

Day 2 Foggy Water post (1 of 1).jpg

MoabLady

Day Three

Spring has Sprung.

Any feedback on how I could of made the photo better would be great. I shot them on a tripod with the hopes of minimizing shake.

I will post the setting I used in a few minutes.

Day three Lilly 1 Site (1 of 1).jpg

Day three Lilly 2 site (1 of 1).jpg

Day 3 blossom 1 Site (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

wthorson

You are VERY talented already. You have a great collection of great shots and it's only been 5 days with a camera. Keep up the Awesomeness!!!!

Moab Man

It's really frustrating... MoabLady is shooting with a wounded D5100 until her replacement arrives. The focus doesn't exactly cooperate for her.

However, she has caught the bug!

MoabLady

Day 4

Still shooting with a disabled d5100, I know the focus is not what it should be, but my new D5100 with a functioning focus will be here tomorrow.

Do you remember when playground equipment was made from metal and wood? I do! Technology has sure come a long way. Wish we had equipment like this when I was a kid, would have saved me from tons of splinters and stitches from a rusty nail on my old swing set.

Day 3 Playground photo 1.jpg

Last edited:

MoabLady

Day 5

My new camera arrived. The focus actually works. However, I don't have my setting quite right yet. Tomorrows photo will be better.

Red Platte Fish site.jpg

Last edited:

MoabLady

Day 6

My camera settings are now right. I saw Moab Man (husband) shooting this wine bottle and glass. I decided to create my own take on this image with a little bit different lighting. The way I lit the bottle shows some texturing and age on the label.

One upped you again MM!

ps. I love you.

TamiWineSite.jpg

MoabLady

Tried doing some night photography tonight. I think it turn out. What do you think? Anyhow it is better than Moab Man's. Which was and is my original goal.

Tami Temple Pic Site.jpg

wud

I got some comments, just for helping, you are definitely off for a great start, must be very nice to have someone close to you to fill you in on some of the techniques :)

Day 4

Still shooting with a disabled d5100, I know the focus is not what it should be, but my new D5100 with a functioning focus will be here tomorrow.

Do you remember when playground equipment was made from metal and wood? I do! Technology has sure come a long way. Wish we had equipment like this when I was a kid, would have saved me from tons of splinters and stitches from a rusty nail on my old swing set.

View attachment 33948

Straighten the picture ;)

Day 5

My new camera arrived. The focus actually works. However, I don't have my setting quite right yet. Tomorrows photo will be better.

View attachment 34035

Too much iso-noise for my taste, but of course you gotta figure out where that limit is on your camera.

Day 6

My camera settings are now right. I saw Moab Man (husband) shooting this wine bottle and glass. I decided to create my own take on this image with a little bit different lighting. The way I lit the bottle shows some texturing and age on the label.

One upped you again MM!

ps. I love you.

View attachment 34167

I agree with Don, little to dark.

Tried doing some night photography tonight. I think it turn out. What do you think? Anyhow it is better than Moab Man's. Which was and is my original goal.

View attachment 34327

Too much air in the bottom, for my taste. And not sure if its straight?
Edit, I think its straight, but to much air on right side too, all that air (black) makes the building float, somehow?

I'm not really getting why you have to compare your pictures with Moab Man, you wanna get your own style, right?

Last edited:

Moab Man

I'm not really getting why you have to compare your pictures with Moab Man, you wanna get your own style, right?

She is kidding, MoabLady is my wife. There was a whole introduction fun thread joking about it when she joined the forum. She's not really competing with me just two old adult kids poking each other for fun.