Photo Service Tariff

nikko47

Hello Nikonites,
I have a friend who has a friend who needs a professional photographer for her mother's burial. First for the viewing and then the interment the next day. Since this is my first time to cover such transaction, I have no idea about the pricing.
Please give me tips on how to charge my clients. Sometimes I feel like charging cheap (like $300) because I'm new here and not known as a pro.
I need your advice, please. Thank you.

PS: I need to know also how much to charge for birthdays, weddings and other events.

Fotojo

Hey nikko47
Just my opinion mind you but I would think you would not want to charge higher or Pro rates unless you have the experience in the area you are shooting and charging for. For example your Gallery is great beautiful colors great compisition, but all your work for the most part is outdoors and not allways the case for Weddings, and several other events including your friends request. If your can not show examples of work in several differant lighting conditions, will be a hard sell. With that said use this time charge less and develope the experience you need and develope the Portfolio that you will need. During this growth period I would do some kind of hourly or set rate. I have done plenty of Wedding for $400.00 to $1000.00 gained as much or more from the experience as the monitary. (Ignore all the above if you have shot more in other lighting conditions than your gallery reflects you are definately very talented)

nikko47

A million thanks there Fotojo. I forgot to mention that I did cover Weddings, Burials, Birthdays, Anniversaries in the past back in the Philippines. Only now that I'm here in the US, in case some people approach me for coverage, I'll have the idea on how much to charge possible clients.
I guess I need to post my coverages of Weddings, etc. Thank you very much. Hoping to meet you and perhaps go on Photo Safari if time allows. God bless.

PS: I visited your site. It's awesome.