Train Failure in a Tunnel

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
My wife and I were recently in Palma de Mallorca and took the famous electric train to Sóller. As we were in the last downhill tunnel, one of the brakes seized. The conductor came through the cars and said that the repair would take 5-10 minutes but that the electricity would be out. The only light we had was from a few people that happened to have small flashlights and glow from cell phones. Of course I had to try to take a picture, right? I chimped on the D300 screen and laughed at myself out loud at the absurdity. I think I freaked a few folks out too by laughing in the dark. :eek:

Tunnel.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
My wife and I were recently in Palma de Mallorca and took the famous electric train to Sóller. As we were in the last downhill tunnel, one of the brakes seized. The conductor came through the cars and said that the repair would take 5-10 minutes but that the electricity would be out. The only light we had was from a few people that happened to have small flashlights and glow from cell phones. Of course I had to try to take a picture, right? I chimped on the D300 screen and laughed at myself out loud at the absurdity. I think I freaked a few folks out too by laughing in the dark. :eek:

View attachment 33345

​LOL Sounds like you and your wife are having quite the adventure! Cool shot!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
That's a very memorable train ride as far as I'm concerned. The view of the Soller Valley when the train first stop on the way up is just absolutely fantastic. Did you take the boat from Soller to Sa Calebra?

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
We did not take the boat. We wound up spending a wonderful afternoon in Sóller and had an amazing meal.