D800 Hand/Wrist strap?

Lurch

I'm hoping someone has a recommendation for me.

The only downside I'm finding about the D800 vs my old K5 is weight. Nothing major; but it does get quite heavy after a while.
Ages ago I got one of these for the K5 before it got a battery grip:

05105-big.jpg

There ended up being two problems with it however. a) It didnt extend real well once you had a grip on the camera, and b) it always wanted make your hand perpendicular to the camera, not parallel (if you get my meaning).

So, I'm looking for a hand/wrist strap with will a) be big enough for the D800+Grip, b) put my hand in a parallel position to the camera, and c) attach around my wrist (not just a slip-thru hand strap).

Help?

stmv

also, have you consider using a monopod more often? to take the stress off your hands/arms? Get a nice light weight one,,, I got a hiking/monopod combo..carbon, real light weight.

crycocyon

I had exactly the same problem with a Nikon strap that looks like that one:

Amazon.com: Nikon Hand Strap II w/ plate AH-4 Hand Grip: Camera & Photo

It worked fine with the D7000 plus grip but the D800 plus grip is too tall and then with my long fingers it is cramped. So I just abandoned it and went with a regular strap wrapped around my wrist like I always used to do (got the black rapid RS sport extreme today so may try that out but I prefer the freedom of a hand strap). I tried searching for alternative straps but didn't find anything...although a second look and another alternative is wrist strap:

Amazon.com: BlackRapid RAA3C-1AO Wrist Strap (Black): BLACKRAPID: Camera & Photo

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I ordered one and never used it. Hand-strap don't get along with my wrist. They might be ok if you are using a light set-up but they are not ideal when you are using heavier lenses such as the Nikon 24-70-200mm f2.8.