Can't sleep, getting a D800e tomorrow

Cowleystjames

Can't wait, not gonna sleep tonight, I'm picking up a D800e, Battery grip and 24-120 to get me going.
This bug certainly bites, only just got a 7100 and decided to go full frame.
Anyone wanna buy my 7100 in the UK along with battery grip?

Sent from my HTC One X+

Cowleystjames

Just read that it'll change to dx mode automatically if a Nikon lens is attached that's dx.
Is that true?
Does it mean that I can use my 17-55 f2.8?

Sent from my HTC One X+

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Just read that it'll change to dx mode automatically if a Nikon lens is attached that's dx.Is that true?Does it mean that I can use my 17-55 f2.8?Sent from my HTC One X+
Yes and Yes. If you have a full frame compatible lens, you will also have the option that is similar to your D7100, the 1.2x crop and 1.5x crop (DX) mode and still get approximately 15~ mega pickels to work with. ;)

You might not like the D800/E if you want a faster fps. Other than that, it is a joy to use. Nikon Acquisition Syndrome (NAS) is a B**ch to deal with. Trust me!

D800E with Nikon 28mm f1.8G lens by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Last edited:

Ruidoso Bill

Just read that it'll change to dx mode automatically if a Nikon lens is attached that's dx.
Is that true?
Does it mean that I can use my 17-55 f2.8?

Sent from my HTC One X+

Yes, it will render a 15.3 MP image. the crop is visable within a frame you see in the viewfinder. Congrats on the new gear!

crycocyon

Now we're talking.

I remember when my D800 came to the shipping day, my wife sweety that she is stayed home from work for me just so I could make sure it was received well that day.

Photographers never grow old ;).

.....now get some sleep. :p

Last edited:

SkvLTD

Now we're talking.

I remember when my D800 came to the shipping day, my wife sweety that she is stayed home from work for me just so I could make sure it was received well that day.

Photographers never grow old ;).

.....now get some sleep. :p

Boys at heart lol