The trigger hath been pulled

Lurch

Question; the first thing I always set on my Pentax cameras was 'back focus button' and to turn OFF the AF on halfpress shutter
I cant find where to turn off the half-press shutter AF?

Lurch

That's a pretty good chunk of change that you just spent. I love the gold boxes.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Yeah it is. I had a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago. This is the settlement present to myself.

Quick Q: the D800 doesn't have Focus Peaking in LV does it?

Yeah it is. I had a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago. This is the settlement present to myself.

Quick Q: the D800 doesn't have Focus Peaking in LV does it?

I had a motorcycle accident when I was 16 but that was in 1967. I bought a business with my settlement. Still having problems from that accident. Knee replacement being the most recent. Hope you fare better.

Great camera. We need to see pictures.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
You can press the plus (+) or minus (-) sign while in live view to zoom in on the LCD screen to make sure that the subject is in focus.

GeeAirMo

Congrats.

Hope you bought a bigger hard drive too. ;) No, seriously. :)

Good point! 36MP will kill your storage if your not careful!

I plugged in my MacBook to do a backup on one if my hard drives and my backup showed I had added 44GB of data in a week!

I don't mind as the pictures are worth it! The camera is awesome!

Puzz1e

Banned
Welcome to the D800 club! Superb camera, and one of the few non Nikon lenses I would endorse!

Storage concerns are over rated IMO. Hard drives are Mega cheap these days. I bought a 2TB hard drive along with my D800 and it is just for my photos. It will be a long while before that is full.

One thing that I have found though is that Lighroom stutters a bit when rendering D800 files. I have a custom built beast of a computer system and the only time I have seen it struggle (only a bit) is with D800 images.

But forget all that! Enjoy your new toy!

Lurch

Welcome to the D800 club! Superb camera, and one of the few non Nikon lenses I would endorse!

Thanks mate. I thought the camera choice was hard, the lense choice was the hardest actually. I really wanted a genuine Nikon, but after reading review after review - the Tamron became the most logical choice.

BackdoorArts

Storage concerns are over rated IMO. Hard drives are Mega cheap these days. I bought a 2TB hard drive along with my D800 and it is just for my photos. It will be a long while before that is full.

One thing that I have found though is that Lighroom stutters a bit when rendering D800 files. I have a custom built beast of a computer system and the only time I have seen it struggle (only a bit) is with D800 images.

But forget all that! Enjoy your new toy!

Which is exactly my point. I would never tell anyone not to buy one because of storage concerns, rather you're investing in a great camera, make sure you have the storage that it will require.

As for Lightroom, have it render full size previews on Import. Takes a little longer, but it only takes a little longer once.