How Quiet is it ....

I know my D3200 is much much quieter then the D7000 and as not been able to hold a D7100 yet would like to know how noisy the D7100 is ....

Please dont tell me to use quiet mode on the D7000.

I might buy a D7100 for two reasons ..lock button on mode dial and if its quiet....But would like a 36mp D600 !!

Wow those church ministers are very difficult.....

§am

Where in the UK are you?
Depending on this there may be a local stockist that has a display model out you can check with :)

hey nice one backdoor ....wow what a memory you have ....No local suppliers ..Nice to see we are back to our nice jolly banter....

how noisy is the D 600 ?? and D800 for that matter ..how do they compare?

BackdoorArts

hey nice one backdoor ....wow what a memory you have ....No local suppliers ..Nice to see we are back to our nice jolly banter....

how noisy is the D 600 ?? and D800 for that matter ..how do they compare?

You'd be amazed at the stuff that sticks in this head. None of the important stuff (just ask my wife), but the nonsense sticks in there like velcro.

I would say the D600 is definitely a little quieter than the D7000, and a little more solid feeling probably due to the slightly larger body. Very similar in form and function to the D7000 and it's an easy transition from one to the other (except for the order of the back button - you'll be hitting the wrong button to zoom for weeks). Like with the D7000, the Q mode is very quiet.

The D800, is similar, though the camera has a different sound as the shutter activates. Can't say if it's louder or not, but I suspect it's due to the metal body. I would say it's slightly quieter, except in Q mode, believe it or not. I don't even think I'd call Q mode "quiet" on the D800 - perhaps "quieter".

With the shutter issues I've only had the two cameras side-by-side for 10 days, and only took them out together once. When I get the D600 back from Nikon (again) I'll be able to tell you more.

The 3200 is much much quieter then the 7000 suppose I must get a 7100 and try it ...at present I just swop the 18-200 onto the 3200 when I get a funny minister but Q mode is out ..too slow

BackdoorArts

I hear you about the speed of Q. That's the nice think about the mode on the D800 - it reacts very similarly to S (which is why it's not quite as quiet). I'd gotten fairly adept at using Q on the D7000 to reduce minor vibrations with long lenses (400-500mm). It's more that the return to an image in the viewfinder is too slow, which can be compensated for by releasing the trigger (not required on the D800).

crashton

My opinion on the D7100 sound compared to the D7000. Shot a D7100 yesterday & it seems to sound the same as the D7100, both the quality of sound & volume.

I'm really liking the D7100. :)