Total noob from South America

printex

Hi there

My name is Carlos, I live in Uruguay, tiny country in South America, 3 million people total, so you get the idea :)

I completely new to photography as a whole, I lived in Houston TX for several years and moved back home last year, and decided to bring with me some gear to get started and take advantage of the beauty that surrounds me here now, and probably pursue a potential side business later on.

My idea is to learn and practice, and start to develop a plan to launch a green screen shooting service for events, I've been learning about it for a while, but need to really learn the basics of photography as a whole. I have a D5100 , and some other starter gear like monopod, tripod, a Sigma Wide angle lens, some soft boxes and cheap stuff I invested in before coming back here, so just need to watch my tutorials and practice, and you can be sure that I'll be asking around here soon :)

Thank you for having me here and I'll see you later folks !

Welcome to the forum
We have many D5100 shooters here and everyone on the forum will help you anytime we can. I shoot the D5100 also and love it. Below you will see some useful links.

We want to see some photos soon.

Thanks