Looking to buy a D3200

elrey

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm in the process of buying my first DSLR camera. I've been using a Sony Cyber shot point and shoot camera for the past 6 years and I'd like to upgrade. I have no knowledge of photography. Basically I'm an average mo that has been taking pictures of his kids for the past 6 years. Now my kids are old enough to start playing sports (baseball and soccer) and I'd like to be able to take better pictures.
Any recommendations? I saw at Best Buy they have a Nikon D3200 on sale for $599 that comes with a 18-55mm lens and that I can also purchase a 55-200mm for like an extra $150. Is that a good price? Is this a good camera for a beginner like me?
Also, can anyone tell let me know what features the camera has (B/W, Sepia, color select?) One more thing, any specific editing software recommendations?
Thanks for any help

carguy

Welcome :)

Looks like the D3200 w/18-55 VR is about $599 as you posted.

B&H: Nikon D3200 DSLR Camera with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm Lens 25492 - B&H Photo

The 55-200mm is usually $249, good buy for $150. Those are the two lenses I had for quite a while with my D40 and will treat you well as you learn.

Regarding the features, checkout the online manual for the D3200 here.

I use Lightroom 4 for editing my photos. Used by many. Another favorite is Photoshop. Those are the top two, I'm sure there are others out there.

Good Luck!

Last edited: