Noticed something

Jtedlin

Well I have been trying to get out and take photos, but I seem to have ran into an issue. Either my eye sight is getting bad (which wouldn't surprise me) or something is a little off with my viewfinder. When i go to look through the viewfinder the image will be crystal clear to me, but the photo turns out to be out of focus and generally blurry when I go to view it in Lightroom or just on my computer. Not all of them do this since I have started making small adjustments for the same image just to make sure I am able to get a clear photo. While I can live with just making the small adjustments I have been wanting to go out and do some long exposures at night and really don't have the time to take one image Three or Four times with minor adjustments (I wish I did! But work wont allow much free time). So I guess my main question is how Could I figure out what the issue is and how could I fix it.

Eye-level

Banned
Perhaps your diopter is amiss...

little sliding lever right next to the viewfinder...put the camera up to your eye and slide the diopter around until you get the position that your eye likes best...

Jack beat me to it...

Rexer John

I take it you're using manual focus. If you use autofocus and half press the shutter, does the focused area look sharp?
Also, when you do use MF and try to focus by eye, is the focus dot confirming focus with a green dot?

Last edited:

Jtedlin

I only use manual focus, I guess I should of stated that in the original post sorry guys! I am about to view photos from after adjusting the diopter, hopefully the issue was resolved :D

Jtedlin

Well the photos turned out a lot better overall! I greatly appreciate the help, and I am glad it was a small fix Thank you everyone :D