D200 firmware

fotojack

Does Nikon plan on updating the D200 firmware from the current 2.01a & b?
I contacted Nikon about this very question and they gave me a very short answer: no.

Hopefully they will in the future.......but I strongly doubt it, as they like to concentrate on the latest and greatest new stuff. They don't usually like to bother with out of production models. I think it's a shame personally.

Nikonite1222

I agree,,,but I bet that there thinking on it is ,,,"if we kept upgrading the old bodies,,,then there's no use in creating new ones" ,,,and that's where they make the big bucks from. It is a pitty though. I love my D200 !!!

Ruidoso Bill

The D200 is a very good, rugged and versatile body! Many of them remain in use and will be used for years to come. Continue to love yours and shoot with it til the shutter falls out of it.

Curt

I too love my D200, it is in like new shape with very few clicks on it. So it should last many more years.
I thought of up grading to the new D7000, But with the economy the way it is I think for now I will just stick with what I have…lol.
I have my trusty D80 as a back up (like new as well). But it is a shame Nikon will not be up dating the firmware, I think I asked about this long time ago in another thread, and got the same answer :NO"?? Guess they have to sell new models...lol.