Hello ALL from Tallahassee, FL

starnesc

I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I have just acquired a D5100 from Costco. I think I got an awesome deal on it for $699. It has 2 lenses, Nikon camera bag and 16gb SD card. I have been using point and shoots for years and have realized this past year that I am ready to step up my game. I knew EVERYTHING about my old camera and now everything is new. Excited about all of my possibilities now with a DSLR that I just could not do with my old camera. Wish I had some local classes I could take. I guess I will be schooling online.:)

Lenses
18-55mm Nikkor AF-S DX VR Lens
55-300mm Nikkor AF-S DX VR Lens

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Welcome to Nikonites.. Many here have (or previously did) the D5100 as you do, myself included!

I hope that you enjoy!

Pat in NH

Welcome to the Forum. I know you will love the D5100. First thing to do is to read through all the post in the D5100 section of this forum. You will also see some good links before my post. The digi tutor is especially good. When you have the time you should really sit down a watch it. Some of it you may already know but sit through it anyway.
If you have any questions just ask them here. Post pictures every chance you get.