Custom settings

Megharupa

Hello,

I was reading Ken Rockwell's review of the D600. In the section ( Usage) he gives a download to his personal settings of the D600.

My question is if I load his settings to my camera, can I reset my camera back to the factory default settings with a ( two button reset??) Or

(Menu > Custom settings menu> Reset custom settings>

Just need to understand how to undue the settings

thanks

nikonpup

i would never never download info like this into my camera. His magic setting may suck for what you are doing plus his files could have been hacked by now.

WhiteLight

Ken's setting would probably work for Ken.
Maybe not for you or anyone else.
The reason you can change those settings are so that you can change according to your own prefernce.
It really depends on your shooting style & what works for you.
Loading someone else's settings (however 'right' they maybe), would in all probability not work for you at all.

Mfrankfort

Ken's settings just make your camera hate everything. lol. Everytime you turn your camera on, it makes you donate to his family before you can take any pictures.

Megharupa

I guess he dose well, Finding good info on the internet is tough, I really can't say who is more accurate. Although, this forum dose not seem to like this guy so much.

Grains of salt seem best.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
...this forum dose not seem to like this guy so much.

Grains of salt seem best.

I happen to like Ken Rockwell and have learned some very useful info--although I don't rely solely on him or any one web site for information.

As for the defaults, the user manual lists all the factory defaults (page 312) and it also lists how to reset U1 and U2 back to factory defaults (page 82). The manual also lists other ways to reset some of the factory defaults.

Here is a link to Nikon's web site where you can download either the English or Spanish version of the D600's manual: User's Manual - D600 - User's Manual

Megharupa

Thank you for your reply.

​You are the first person to help me answer my question, and not go on a rant about Ken Rockwell. I find his information useful also. I fact the purchase of my Nikon cameras has been influenced somewhat by his review of the Nikon equipment.

I have owned a D5000, my first DLSR for 30k shots now and can do some tweaking on my own. I do enjoy learning from others and then choosing what works best for me.

​Kindest regards

Megharupa

Thank you for your reply.

​You are the first person to help me answer my question, and not go on a rant about Ken Rockwell. I find his information useful also. I fact the purchase of my Nikon cameras has been influenced somewhat by his review of the Nikon equipment.

I have owned a D5000, my first DLSR for 30k shots now and can do some tweaking on my own. I do enjoy learning from others and then choosing what works best for me.

​Kindest regards