What the V1 Should have been. Holy cow!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
If you are buying any Nikon just for video, IMHO you're shopping the wrong brand. The V1 was never intended to be a high-end video camera.

speedandstyle

So the V1 should have been a video only camcorder with NO auto-focus and recording to a pro codec??? The new BM Pocket Cinema is a great camera and I am planning on getting one instead of a Nikon 1 but I do some pro video work. I also don't understand why some are saying the 1 series doesn't do video well - yes it does. Granted it isn't a Canon 5D or a Panasonic GH3 but the video is pretty good and Nikon has the only real video lens with a full focal range and power zoom.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
The two cameras are totally different. The BM is pro level video while the V1 is consumer level. I was trying to make a point about using the correct tool for the job.

speedandstyle

The two cameras are totally different. The BM is pro level video while the V1 is consumer level. I was trying to make a point about using the correct tool for the job.
I agree and Nikon will never have the video ability Canon does because Canon has been doing pro video for years, the same goes for Panasonic.