D7000 and sports

goz63

What specifically are you referring to for "fast enough". Your lens will determine the "speed" for sports. It looks like the D7K will have a fps rate for continuous shooting faster than the D90 and that is a great camera for sports so you should be in good shape if I understand you question. If you want a great lens to go along with it for "speed", the 70-200 VRII would be a perfect combo.

imnunky

This is weird I replied to this thread, thought I pressed Post Quick reply, any way it's vanished,

goz63 thank you
You must be a mind reader bacause that's exactly what I meant, I'm just trying to determine which camera to go to, from D90, either the D300s or the D7000

G

I have a D7000 have not shot any sports with it yet. But talked to the Carolina Railhawks (local soccer) Photographer he is trying one out currently. Told me he shot a game with it last week and images came out spectacular at iso 3200. He told me focus worked fast and the camera out preformed his expectations. Wish I had some images to share. The next time I speak with him I will try and get some samples. I have bot a 300s and a 7k and right now I prefer the 7k on many levels. Hope that helps.

imnunky

roguebear thank you kindly for your post Yes sir it helps immensely, I would love to have both but that's not practical for me, hence my scrutiny in all things re these two, I am keeping my D90, and all my lenses, I will be anxiusly awaiting your comparison on both your units when you have a chance, and I bet there are other's that would like to see samples etc, as would I, thank you again

G

Yeah I plan on getting rid of one for a full frame. Kind of waiting to see what Nikon has in store in the near future with full frame upgrades. And as it looks I will most likely get rid of the 300s. The 7k has some features that I really like and takes some really good pics. Also the dual SD card slots in the 7k is really nice as I can have RAW on one and JPEG on another really nice if you want to e-mail pics to friends while you are traveling without having to spend a lot of time in Capture. In addition the U1 and U2 settings are really nice. I am not really a video guy but nice to have I guess.

imnunky

As you can see this is my video camera so I really don't care about video on a still's camera, but Oh yes it is quite possibly a handy thing to have in a emergency
My Panasonic AG-DVC60
PNAGDVC60a[1].jpg

Last edited: