This is either a scam or it is stolen

crycocyon

Normally I would be wary of a zero feedback seller, but the guy has two photos of the item and it isn't just the camera. It is also the associated stuff that comes with it, so I doubt it is stolen. Plus he provides the MPN of VBA190AE and gives the actuation count. Someone who is scamming wouldn't care about the shutter count or MPN and just say it is mint or something (although the shutter count is a pretty even number). Plus, remember that Ebay has buyer protection so you get your money back if it is a scam.

Last edited by a moderator:

AC016

If it is the persons first sale on eBay - everyone starts like this -, of course he will have 0 Feedback and 0 Legitimacy. Not really the best way to gauge if it is a scam or not. Price certainly is to good to be true. Maybe one suggestion for anyone who is wanting to inquire, is to get him/her on skype to show you the actual camera. Other than that, i can not see how anyone could really verify this. I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. But, i am just like that when it comes to my money, lol.

crycocyon

Funny how Ken Rockwell writes about the D3X that the sensor is the same as the D3 just that the D3 processes the image for only 12 MP, which is silly. In fact, the sensor was uniquely developed for the D3X by Sony and is actually a different size than the D3 sensor. It's sensor dimensions are 35.9 x 24.0mm, whereas the D3 sensor was 36.0mm x 23.9mm.

From Nikon:

"The Nikon D3X's 24.5-megapixel FX-format (35.9 x 24.0mm) CMOS sensor was developed expressly for the D3X in accordance with Nikon's stringent engineering requirements and performance standards, with final production executed by Sony. Featuring refined low-noise characteristics, 12 and 14 bit output, Live View capability and more, the D3X's unique sensor design was carefully blueprinted to perform in perfect concert with proprietary Nikon technologies including EXPEED Image Processing and the Scene Recognition System. Meticulous efforts allowed the sensor to become one of the many essential components and technologies which contribute to the D3X's superior image fidelity."

Cool that this is the only camera that will see this particular sensor. It would be interesting to compare this with the Nikon D600 sensor.

Oh look, it already sold. I wonder who is the poor schmuck that bought it. ;)

crycocyon

Interesting that the guy changed the buy-it-now price three times:

Apr-09-1301:40:50 PDTBuy It Now Price

Apr-09-1301:48:03 PDTBuy It Now Price
Gallery

Apr-09-1303:29:16 PDTBuy It Now Price

So it is always a possibility that he put in the wrong buy-it-now price by accident. Maybe it should have been $2800 or $3800 instead of $800. No matter, it has been sold.

Also he created his ebay ID just yesterday.

carguy

Where do you see this? I don't see any ID history for this seller.

You can search on sellers completed listings, there I see two ipads, a macbook and a Nikon 35mm 1/4G lens.
Looking again (from my mobile only) appears these may have been ended early by the seller. Won't know for sure until I get home. If the price is GREEN it sold. If not, the listing was ended.

More than likely a new user not understanding the system very well or proper pricing.

crycocyon

Ok, I saw how you can search for that but after putting in the guy's Ebay ID and selecting buy it now it shows 5 selections but if I click on one of the choices nothing comes up?

whatgives.jpg

Last edited: