Nikon 20mm f2.8 D lens

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I was given the opportunity to "barrow" this lens from my friend. He still does not want to sell it since I've always been curious with this prime lens. It is small enough to cover group shots when mounted on a DX. On FX, it will be pretty wide for landscape purposes. So, I don't know if I should follow my "itch" to buy this lens or skip it. I just can't seem to resist lenses. :nightmare: Some product images. My D800E is currently at the clinic for some check-up. :(

Nikon 20mm f28D
by gqtuazon, on Flickr

D7k with Nikon 20mm f28D
by gqtuazon, on Flickr And of course a sample image. Nikon 20mm f28D firetruck by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Go for it, a great little lens.

I've been debating it between the Nikon 20mm f2.8D or the Voightlander 20mm f3.5 skopar.

vt2035nk_1.jpg

crycocyon

Love the shots of the 20 on the D7000. Looks great.

Funny you show that Voightlander because I've been browsing a lot lately on Ebay for an Ai-S wide-angle to tie me over for a while and keep seeing these expensive small Voightlander lenses for Nikon, and curious how they perform.

stmv

interesting, The Voiglander 20mm is on sale right now for 35% off at Amazon. from 900 dollars to 549!

now, Voiglander is essentially a Corsina lens from Japan, which also makes Zeis manual lens too, but with a different look and perhaps updated designs.

The nice thing is that while the Zeiss lens is almost never discounted, I don't think Voiglander has the same name recognition, so discounts exist like the one going on now.

mmm is it worth buying all manual lens vs the current 20mm AF D for 549 dollars. weird, the exact same price! coincidence? maybe they are messing with your head.

I am not sure, which I personally pick, I guess most likley the AF D (which I own), although, I tend to use my old AI version more.

happy hunting.

STM

I have a 20mm f/2.8 AIS and it is a superb lens. It is very small and compact and has Nikon's CRC (Close Range Correction). I don't know if the optical formula for the D is the same as the AIS but I am sure you won't be disappointed with the results.