New Camera, New User

dschwartz0815

I recently got handed down a Nikon Coolpix P500, its a great camera Im finding out and takes pictures really well. But I have been experimenting with the 1080P video recording as well. I was practicing on my and a friends car; and Ive noticed that when I off-load the video to my PC the videos are still good but shaky because I was free handing a spanning shot. Now is there an embedded code in the video or something? Because when I import the clips into my software (Cyberlink Powerdirector 11) and compile the clips to a longer video this weird screen flicker in certain parts of the video occurs. Does anyone have any suggestions because the quality is great but the flickering really ruins the whole shot.

Thanks

Fred Kingston

Just a wild guess because I rarely do video... but cameras record video at a specific frame/second rate... If the software you're using doesn't recognize or adjust that rate, I'm guessing, the two are going to be out of sync, and what you're going to see is flickering... Similar to when a fluorescent bulb begins to fail and doesn't oscillate fast enough for your eye to think the light is continuous, and the light flickers... I could be wrong though... :confused:

Welcome to the forum...

dschwartz0815

Thanks for the welcome!

And yeah, I downloaded a new editing software because I did some research and the previous software apparently had issues with 720 and 1080p. Now to find a new editing software, oh and what are your guy's opinions on Photoshop "Lightroom" as an photo enhancing/editing software?

Fred Kingston

Glad you got it worked out... Yes, Adobe's Lightroom has become one of the gold standards for photo editing for photographers... It's particularly suited for a photographers work flow in processing... moving large numbers of photos from cameras/memory cards through to finished products, and cataloguing and backup...

crycocyon

Does the flicker occur only when you panned the camera? Those little Nikons would be more prone to rolling shutter effect. But if it is an issue with frame rate, you would be shooting at 30 fps so it would seem strange that the software doesn't synch to such a standard rate for most cameras. Only higher-end cameras shoot at 24 fps (equal to motion picture film frame rate).

kendrikwiley

I know very well that Nikon Coolpix P500 is a beautiful and latest camera and if you are going to buy a new camera as a new user then many things that you should have to be consider in your mind.