Attaching Telescope to the D90 Camera

Bikash

Dear Friends
Greetings for the day, I want to know that how can we attach a general telescope to the D90 camera, this I am asking because suppose I want to take the photographs of the distance object ( say moon !!! :D dont laugh),then one telescope i have to use , but how to attach that lens to camera, I have googled it and found that T2T adopter is to be used , is it safe to use. I am from India and I want to limit my budget within 25000 INR ( approx 500 USD ) including both telescope and adopter... any help ...

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

WhiteLight

Hi Bikash,

Welcome to Nikonites!
The mounts for the camera & telescope would not really cost all that much, say a max of 5k INR.
However, it is quite doubtful that you may be able to get a decent telescope for 20k...
Do you want to shoot deep space objects or just the moon?
If it's only the moon you can consider a 70-300mm lens which will do quite well for moon shots

Bikash

Dear Whitelight,
Starting point is the space, ending point I dont know ( limit is the budget ), definitely I am not able to take the deep space photo but moon is not the limit, I have zero idea regarding the technical details of the telescope usefull for this reson, If you can suggest me some good telescope and adopter availble in india then defiitely it will be helpfull,

Regards
Bikash

Fred Kingston

If you don't have a telescope yet... you're putting the horse before the cart in asking for help here...

Step #1 -- Buy telescope and learn about telescope.
Step #2 -- Find adaptor to connect D90 to the telescope

You need Step #1 before you can proceed to Step #2...

Bikash

If you don't have a telescope yet... you're putting the horse before the cart in asking for help here...

Step #1 -- Buy telescope and learn about telescope.
Step #2 -- Find adaptor to connect D90 to the telescope

You need Step #1 before you can proceed to Step #2...

Dear Friend,
​I am asking here help only to gain some benefit from the experience members present here, so that I can buy a optimum telescope/adopter, I know the steps involve in this process, If I wont get any solution from here then no problem from anywhere I will find my answer .. Thanks for your reply

​Bikash

skene

Bikash,

I think you are misinterpreting what question you need yourself to answer.

You - Want to purchase telescope. Which brand telescope fits within your budget? In order to properly recommend any further equipment, this needs to be answered. (ie. Birkash will purchase "Brand X" telescope and wants D90 to fit "Brand X".

"Brand Z" makes T mount adapter to fit "Brand X" so you will need to purchase "Brand Z" with accompanying parts.

Does this makes sense to you? If you leave an open question, you will only receive an open answer.

Bikash

Ya Skene , U may take on that way ??? But my basic question was" is it possible ??" and then if possible then which brand of telescope is good which fits to my budget limit ?, The second question arises because I dont want to feel sorry after purchasing the telescope and then came to know that that telescope does not have any provision for attachment with the camera...

skene

Bikash, you are still not understanding that you can modify most telescopes to work with a camera. So whichever telescope you purchase will be the deciding factor on what equipment will be needed to attach the camera.
If you do not start with a telescope... then you cannot get any further information on what will work with it.

Akiviri

Try this - Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope - Telescopes at Telescopes I'd get the bundle myself - Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope Bundle - Telescopes at Telescopes then you need this - Celestron T-Adapter for Schmidt Cassegrains Telescopes 93633A and this - Adorama 93402 T-Mount for Nikon AI and Autofocus 93402

If you don't like that one then pick out the telescope you do like and google "T-mount adapter for 'x' telescope Adorama" - 'x' being the name of the telescope you pick, Adorama being the place to get it. Then look on the right hand side for the ring mount for a Nikon Camera - Adorama lists them there, you will notice from looking at the adapter page.

What everyone has been trying to explain to you is that once you have a telescope picked out - the rest is just finding the mount to fit it ... which you find as I explained above - for ANY telescope that has a detachable eyepiece. But FIRST you need to know the brand of telescope - this you need FIRST, THEN the adapter becomes relevant. All of this can be found by just googling telescopes, then adapters to fit it.

Last edited: