The Magnificent Himalayas - Mega Panoramas [WIP]

WhiteLight

A lot of people who saw my pictures of the Himalayas were interested in seeing a Panoramic view of the mountains.
This is a work in progress and i will post a couple or so panoramas as i am done with them.

8626206463_59dd037a26_k.jpg

This was early in the morning, taken from a roof top.
Composed of 8 images, hand held..
The sun is just about to rise on the right side.. you can even see the left portion of the photo relatively darker..

Thoughts welcome!

Last edited:

WhiteLight

Very nicely done! Just spectacular! Now we need names for each of the mountains! . . . please? lol :)

Lol.. Good luck to me on that..
But i do know, some portion of this is known as the 'Annapurna Range'.
Not sure if it's the entire range we can see here or just one part of it :)

Last edited:

crycocyon

My gosh that's gorgeous! I love how the foreground mountains are providing interesting curves in front of the background peaks, almost like the foreground waves of the ocean. Just awe-inspiring. Please point me again to the HR version! And anymore photos like that and I'll have to jump on the plane and visit. ;)

WhiteLight

Received a couple of requests for the settings

EXIF data for both pics:
Pic 1 - 8 shots hand held
ISO 100, f/8
1/200 sec at 70mm

Pic 2 - 4 shot HDR handheld
ISO 100, f/8
1/25 sec at 70mm

WhiteLight

No tripod? :distracted:

These pictures were taken without the tripod.. I had just come up to see if I would be able to get any shots when these awesome sights were visible.. Didn't wanto miss out by running down to get the tripod :p but I did go and get it and shoot a few mounted after that :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Michael J.

A lot of people who saw my pictures of the Himalayas were interested in seeing a Panoramic view of the mountains.
This is a work in progress and i will post a couple or so panoramas as i am done with them.

8626206463_59dd037a26_k.jpg

This was early in the morning, taken from a roof top.
Composed of 8 images, hand held..
The sun is just about to rise on the right side.. you can even see the left portion of the photo relatively darker..

Thoughts welcome!

After having lunch I read this thread and I have to say what an awesome pano. Great.