Eye Fi card + D7000

Krs_2007

I just set this up last night, there is another thread with transmit times for the various files. I have raw to card 1 and found jpeg-normal to work best for me going to the Eye-Fi card. It's actually pretty slick. I have it doing a direct connection to my IPad.

I don't regret it but as with anything you will have a slight delay in the transfer, but the option I chose works for me.

Dooku77

I just set this up last night, there is another thread with transmit times for the various files. I have raw to card 1 and found jpeg-normal to work best for me going to the Eye-Fi card. It's actually pretty slick. I have it doing a direct connection to my IPad.

I don't regret it but as with anything you will have a slight delay in the transfer, but the option I chose works for me.

That's fantastic news. I wanted to be able to have a way to get my photos off my memory card in Florida. I've heard mixed reviews on the camera connection kit and this was my first option. Is 8gb the biggest size they come in?

RockyNH_RIP

That's fantastic news. I wanted to be able to have a way to get my photos off my memory card in Florida. I've heard mixed reviews on the camera connection kit and this was my first option. Is 8gb the biggest size they come in?

I think they have a 16gb also but 8gmb will hold roughly 300 raw images...

pat in NH

Krs_2007

That's what I have and have used it since yesterday, I don't regret it that's for sure. Due to work I couldn't use it today like I planned, but will next weekend. My main goal is for portraits and having a bigger screen to proof on. I also have the camera connection kit for iPad from apple, but like this eye-fi setup a little better. I have some other reasons like when shooting sports my wife ask to look at the pictures and now she can see them as I shoot them, as well as I prefer the bigger screen and knowing I got a good shot while in the field and not finding something was off after I get home.

One thing is if you are shooting fast moving sports you might notice a lag in the transfer, but it will catch up pretty quick. It did not in no way slow my camera down that I found. I ran a test of 10 shots real quick , just held the shutter button down pointing at my son, and it took a few seconds to catch up but nothing that I would be worried about.

Last edited:

Dooku77

That's what I have and have used it since yesterday, I don't regret it that's for sure. Due to work I couldn't use it today like I planned, but will next weekend. My main goal is for portraits and having a bigger screen to proof on. I also have the camera connection kit for iPad from apple, but like this eye-fi setup a little better. I have some other reasons like when shooting sports my wife ask to look at the pictures and now she can see them as I shoot them, as well as I prefer the bigger screen and knowing I got a good shot while in the field and not finding something was off after I get home.

One thing is if you are shooting fast moving sports you might notice a lag in the transfer, but it will catch up pretty quick. It did not in no way slow my camera down that I found. I ran a test of 10 shots real quick , just held the shutter button down pointing at my son, and it took a few seconds to catch up but nothing that I would be worried about.

This card would have really helped me out today. I've just really don't like uploading to a computer and then retouch. I have really great stuff on the ipad I can use for that and then upload directly to Dropbox or Facebook on the fly. Please keep me posted as you do more tests. Thank you