D600 Firmware

Dave_W

The Dude
I ran the upgrade on my D800, worked like a champ. It's a little intimidating the first time you run a firmware update, I know it was when I first ran one on my D7000, but after the first run it's all pretty straight forward.

carguy

I was two behind on my D40. Upgraded this past week. Instructions on nikonusa.com worked great!

Tap'n on the Galaxy S3

marcelt

For some reason it is not working for me. I get different instructions on my computer then what they show for examples of downloading the firmware upgrade. GRRR

Dave_W

The Dude
For some reason it is not working for me. I get different instructions on my computer then what they show for examples of downloading the firmware upgrade. GRRR

It's very important to put the file on your desktop instead of a download folder to perform the decompression. For whatever reason (and Nikon lists it in their FAQ's) it will not work properly if you try to open the file anywhere other than your desktop (assuming you're on a PC).

Dave_W

The Dude
Yeah, I know I have in the past, too, but for some reason the D800 update wouldn't do anything in my downloads folder but as soon as I moved it on my desktop it performed beautifully. Go figure...

BackdoorArts

It's very important to put the file on your desktop instead of a download folder to perform the decompression. For whatever reason (and Nikon lists it in their FAQ's) it will not work properly if you try to open the file anywhere other than your desktop (assuming you're on a PC).

​Hmmm. Worked for me in a subfolder, both D800 & D600.

GeoWes

Just did an update to c1.01. Worked like a charm. Message said this would take several minutes, but only took several seconds. Easy as falling off of a log :)

Mfrankfort

Worked good for me. There was a previous thread about this. I went off "Nikon Rumors" link, and it was pretty easy to get it done. Worked in just a few seconds, and haven't had any issues.