Winter coat for D90?

M.Hinch

With the colder tempatures around the corner, is there , or does anyone make a winter pouch, (coat) for the D90 and a telephoto lens. Have tried internet, but to no success. All I can find is rain coats.

Thanks
Michael

Browncoat

My guess is you won't find any...except maybe some homemade stuff on eBay. Electronics are pretty resilient to cold temperatures, heat is more of a natural enemy than cold. You may have lens fogging issues in the wintertime, but unless you plan on visiting the North Pole, you should be fine.

Joseph Bautsch

Anthony is right. The only coat I know of is a rain coat. If you are going out from a warm atmosphere to a cooler one check the lens for fogging. If it does it will take up to 20 minuets for it to clear up depending on the temp differences and humidity. The camera will function normally even in very cold weather.

Curt

Just got my cover for my D200 (will fit D90). It fits great and protects your camera from the weather. However it will not fit right if you have your battery grip on it.
It is made of the same material as wetsuits are and is water proof.
Great buy for the price. At Link Delight.

Curt

Here is a photo of the cover.

Picture 007.jpg

Curt

Oh sorry, the lens I have on it is a nikkor 55-200mm. So it will fit most telephoto lenses. It is great for when you just want to take your camera & a lens out to shoot for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

d90dewey

Thanks Curt! I'm going to order one, as I normally keep the 18-250mm on mine for daily use. Living in NE Indiana had me wondering about some degree of protection, as I rarely leave the house without my d90!

Curt

No problem, glad to have been of help. I have used mine a few times (live in the middle of Canada). I am sure it will serve you well.
Great company to deal with, good low prices on their products.