New D200 owner

richnmib

So I went and got myself a D200. I think I did good on the camera, grip, 2 batteries and 6 cf cards. I think it will make a good companion to my D5100 and I am looking forward to using it and becoming familiar with it. It is a nice camera and has a great feel to it.

RockyNH_RIP

So I went and got myself a D200. I think I did good on the camera, grip, 2 batteries and 6 cf cards. I think it will make a good companion to my D5100 and I am looking forward to using it and becoming familiar with it. It is a nice camera and has a great feel to it.

Congrats on the new acquisition!

Pat in NH

fotojack

I love how so many people are picking up D200's. :) It's a great camera and will never disappoint. Congrats on the new acquisition. :)

If you send me your email address, I'll send you a D200 Setup Guide so you can set up your 4 shooting banks. :)

Epoc

I remember when this body was released. It was THE most wicked piece of kit. I drooled over it big time, but it was way out of my reach dollar wise. It's great to see people still appreciating it.

richnmib

I love how so many people are picking up D200's. :) It's a great camera and will never disappoint. Congrats on the new acquisition. :)

If you send me your email address, I'll send you a D200 Setup Guide so you can set up your 4 shooting banks. :)

Will do. Thanks!

240zron

I just picked up a D200 also and i'm really liking it so far. I've been wanting one for a while and traded a nikon D5000 with over 50,000 clicks for one that has just over 2000 clicks. It's quite the learning curve from the D5000, But learning everyday thanks to this fourm.
Fotojack, if you read this could i possible fet a copy of your setup guide?
Take care,
​Ron

fotojack

I just picked up a D200 also and i'm really liking it so far. I've been wanting one for a while and traded a nikon D5000 with over 50,000 clicks for one that has just over 2000 clicks. It's quite the learning curve from the D5000, But learning everyday thanks to this fourm.
Fotojack, if you read this could i possible get a copy of your setup guide?
Take care,
​Ron

Absolutely. All I need is your email address. Send it to me in a PM (Private Message).

It's in .pdf form.

Last edited:

Cloak & Dagurre

A happy new owner of a D200 any hints and tips will be greatly appreciated. Will mainly be shooting portraiture and landscape, so any suggestions on great lenses would also be very helpful.

Happy Snapping!

fotojack

Could any of you who have the D200 pdf Setup Guide please send that poor man a copy? I can't seem to find it on my computer...probably 'cause I'm overtired and can't see straight! lol Thanks.

RuggedShutter

I just received one over the holidays and really enjoying it. It's an upgrade from my 20D that I have been shooting for almost 10 years now. Some of that might be that I also got a new 18-105 lens to go with it :) I'm planning on a D5200 this spring but this is a nice camera to learn Nikon's menu system.

kibbsnk

I am anew D200 owner i have a D3100 nad hope this jump to a more professional camera will enhance my photography and continue to build my experiences

zarrayx

Hello all Newbie here just pick up one myself and a Nikon 300mm F 4.5 ED manual lens. it seems that it is very hard to focus the lens in this body,but if i do nail it after many shoot the picture is not that great or i need to sharpen it a bit the software i used is Corel ASP

dmc

Hello all Newbie here just pick up one myself and a Nikon 300mm F 4.5 ED manual lens. it seems that it is very hard to focus the lens in this body,but if i do nail it after many shoot the picture is not that great or i need to sharpen it a bit the software i used is Corel ASP

Welcome. As you are using a non-CPU lens, make sure you are shooting in A or M. Input your focal length and max f-stop into the non-CPU set-up menu in settings. There is a focus confirmation dot in the viewfinder (lower info line left side) that assists you with focusing. With an f 4.5 lens it should work fine. Last, choose a high shutter speed or use a tripod with this length of lens. Do this and you should be in great shape for sharp, crisp shots. Do download the user manual and read it to learn more about shooting manual focus lenses and mastering the metering system. Happy shooting.