Depth of Field Primer - Part I (Part II)

Joseph Bautsch

For any one interested I've just posted in the Blog a primer on depth of field for those having difficulty understanding depth of field (DOF) or just trying to learn how to use it. It's in two parts. It's long and detailed and simplified as much as possible. It's also tied to using the DOFMaster Calculator found on the internet. It's recommended to get the most out of the article that you use the calculator and make the same calculations as they are presented.

The rules of the Blog do not allow questions. If there are questions about depth of field as discussed in the article bring them here for further discussion.

Hope this helps.

Browncoat

I'm sure it's packed full of useful and great information, but honestly...I'll never read them. Not to be critical, but they're way too long. The golden rule of blogging is to keep posts short and to the point.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I don't think that rule necessarily applies. This is more of an article, and it fits best in the blog section. Thanks again for posting Joseph!

Joseph Bautsch

I have revised the blog article, Depth of Field Primer - Part I and Part II, with a graphic drawing. This should make the word explanation easier to understand.