D3200 Firmware Upgrade

HotHits

D3200 C:1.01
firmware upgrade: The following functions have been changed with shooting using the Wireless Mobile Utility.
  • When the camera's shooting mode is set to Auto or Auto (flash off), it now operates in Auto or Auto (flash off) mode. Prior to this upgrade, the camera functioned in [P] (Programmed auto) exposure mode.
  • Live view can now be initiated even when the camera is set to "Auto" or "No flash" in GUIDE mode.
In some very rare cases when certain memory cards were used, movie recording would stop, even when the time remaining display indicated remaining recording time. This issue has been resolved.
In some very rare cases, colors would change with shooting when white balance was set to a specific color temperature, as with Preset manual or Incandescent. This issue has been resolved. :cool: http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18292

D3200 Distortion control data update :D Distortion control data are used to
correct barrel and pincushion distortion during shooting and editing. They can
be loaded into cameras that support distortion control. http://nikonimglib.com/dcdata/#os-windows :cool:

Last edited:

HotHits

Go to your menu to the wrench and stroll down to firmware. This is the only firmware upgrade I know of for the D3200 :cool: Hope this helps

Last edited:

eidian

I read in some websites that third party batteries that worked before the update didn't after. It was confirmed by multiple persons.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Bob Blaylock

I read in some websites that third party batteries that worked before the update didn't after. It was confirmed by multiple persons.

The third-party 1800 mAh battery that I'm using in my D3200 continues to work just fine after this update.

Fortunately the page was still up on my tablet.

Nikon updates firmware for D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200, and P7700: Digital Photography Review

There's a report of someone having this issue on a P7700, and someone else on a D5100. But there's also a report of someone else not having this issue on a D5100.

I have to think that there must either be some variation among third-party batteries, such that some of them may be affected by this issue, and others not; or else those having this issue did something wrong.

But I can solidly report that I am using this third-party battery in my D3200, and after this update, it continues to work just fine.

eidian

There's a report of someone having this issue on a P7700, and someone else on a D5100. But there's also a report of someone else not having this issue on a D5100.

I have to think that there must either be some variation among third-party batteries, such that some of them may be affected by this issue, and others not; or else those having this issue did something wrong.

But I can solidly report that I am using this third-party battery in my D3200, and after this update, it continues to work just fine.

I don't doubt you, the after market batteries vary so the result will vary. It's my understanding that the Nikon batteries "communicate" with the camera to verify that they are OEM (you can make your own interpretation as to why).

Maybe some batteries are exact copies of the original.

Last edited: