Hello from Malaysia.....

ckamin

Hi all,

I am Amin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Just bought my first dslr last week. Never used to any dslr before so I have a lot to learn. Getting first tips into M mode from sticky in this forum and found it was very useful for a beginner like me. Thank you! :)

Looking forward to get more information and tips from this forum!

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Amin and welcome to the Nikonites Community. I'm glad you liked the sticky on using Manual mode. I have also just posted in the Blog section an article on Depth of Filed for beginners. It's titled "Depth of Field Primer - Part I" (and Part II). It's a very detailed explanation of depth of field and how to use it. You will find everyone in the community friendly and willing to share their knowledge of photography. My sister and brother-in-law lived in Kuala Lumpur for a number of years. It's a beautiful country to have photography as a hobby. We would like to see some of your photos in the Gallery.

ckamin

Thank you Joseph, yes I already see the article, and noobie like me really needs a longer time to understand subject like this :) Hopely I can post some photos later for evaluation from all the masters here.

Curt

Amin I would suggest you try two camera modes that work fantastic, shutter priority (freeze action) & Aperture priority ( Good for DOF). These two modes I use the most. I would also suggest the Blue Crane video series. I am sure they have one designed just for your model of camera. This would explan a lot of fuctions on your camera and how to use & get the best results out of your camera :).

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hello, Amin and welcome to the forum! This is definitely the place to get your questions answered, your photos critiqued and any photo help you need. Congratulations on the purchase of your first dslr . . . you will love it!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos here, especially those of your country!

Best Regards

ckamin

Curt, thank you for the tips, it's very useful for beginner like me.

ohkphoto, thank you and I would love to show photos of my country.