D700 new fireware?

Curt

I have been having trouble installing updated firmware onboth my D700 & D7000?
I follow the instructions to the letter, but when I go to mymenu (Firmware Version) it does not give me the option to up date? Anyone knowwhy? Both cameras do the same thing? I down loaded the up dates from Nikon tomy computer, Re formatted the card.
Load it back in the camera, go to Firmware, but it does notgive me the option to up date?

Curt

Not sure how to do that. What I did was download the file, then copy it to the memory card, put it back in the camera. I have tried it on both my D700 & D7000 without success?
As I said the option to up date does not show in the menu?

Fred Kingston

The file you download is a compressed executable file... It's like a small program... You have to run the program so that it can extract the contained file... You do this by double-clicking on the file you downloaded... The program creates a folder and puts the file you need into this new folder on your computer... You need to navigate to where this file is... it ends with the letters BIN... drag and drop this BIN file to your memory card... then put the card in the camera and update... Your camera isn't providing an update option because it doesn't see the BIN file on the memory card...

Do yourself a favor, if you haven't, and charge the camera batteries before updating... The update program checks the battery and if it isn't charged to a certain point, the update process will not proceed...