Faymus Media Photo Challenge #3 "Night Photos". Good Luck!

Corey @ Faymus Media

Thanks to everybody who participated in photo challenge #2 "Bokeh"! Of course the best forum on the web Nikonites!

For this competition the photo challenge theme is "Nightime". Photos must be taken at night, and during this competition only. I will be verifying this.

They can be of buildings, rivers, lakes, mountains, city scapes, people, animals. The only 2 rules are the photo's must be taken at night, and during the competition.

Submissions begin now on April 3rd. The submissions are due by April 16th @ 9pm and the critique will be on spreecast LIVE on April 17th @ 9pm

More details on flickr:
Flickr: Photo Challenge #3 "Night Photos"

RockyNH_RIP

Thanks to everybody who participated in photo challenge #2 "Bokeh"! Of course the best forum on the web Nikonites!

For this competition the photo challenge theme is "Nightime". Photos must be taken at night, and during this competition only. I will be verifying this.

They can be of buildings, rivers, lakes, mountains, city scapes, people, animals. The only 2 rules are the photo's must be taken at night, and during the competition.

Submissions begin now on April 3rd. The submissions are due by April 16th @ 9pm and the critique will be on spreecast LIVE on April 17th @ 9pm

More details on flickr:
Flickr: Photo Challenge #3 "Night Photos"

I will be heading out this weekend to try and get a shot... if not, I always have next weekend.. :rolleyes:

Pat in NH

ShallowShannon

This is going to be out of my comfort zone for sure, but I'm game. There's a shot I've been wanting to try to get and this should get me motivated to give it go. :encouragement:

Corey @ Faymus Media

Here is some of my gear I am using for 4 shoots this weekend. Then I have to figure out how I am going to get all this in the car for my 7 day florida venture LOL

What do you guys think? Also the pic of the D5200 is funny with that big ass Nikkor on it hahaha.

Attachments

• use 1.jpg
    use 1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 241
  • use 2.jpg
    use 2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 229
  • use 3.jpg
    use 3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 206

RockyNH_RIP

Corey, if I had one third of that I would have a monster set up!!! What strap is hanging?? looks like a Black rapid?? which model and do u like the connection into the tripod mount~

Also, get a truck!! :untroubled:

Pat in NH

Corey @ Faymus Media

Corey, if I had one third of that I would have a monster set up!!! What strap is hanging?? looks like a Black rapid?? which model and do u like the connection into the tripod mount~

Also, get a truck!! :untroubled:

Pat in NH

LOL Yup it is the Black Rapid. Totally love it! Would never shoot without it again. So much better in every way than any other strap I have used thus far. Its the Black Rapid Sport part #RRS-1BB. Fantastic!

Also look into the Maha Charger in the picture its amazing. It charges 8 AA batteries or 8 AAA batteries. individually, in any combination, with AA and AAA, mix an match. It has a 1 hour charge, a 2 hour charge, and a conditioning mode which fixed my old rechargeable batteries back to new! The pearstone is also good, has a better screen than the MAHA. The Maha is better in every way except it has a crappy screen. The pearstones screen is blue LED and has a car charger too.

I am going to be doing a review on all this stuff in the next few weeks. I hope my videos are not boring. :)

RockyNH_RIP

LOL Yup it is the Black Rapid. Totally love it! Would never shoot without it again. So much better in every way than any other strap I have used thus far. Its the Black Rapid Sport part #RRS-1BB. Fantastic!

Also look into the Maha Charger in the picture its amazing. It charges 8 AA batteries or 8 AAA batteries. individually, in any combination, with AA and AAA, mix an match. It has a 1 hour charge, a 2 hour charge, and a conditioning mode which fixed my old rechargeable batteries back to new! The pearstone is also good, has a better screen than the MAHA. The Maha is better in every way except it has a crappy screen. The pearstones screen is blue LED and has a car charger too.

I am going to be doing a review on all this stuff in the next few weeks. I hope my videos are not boring. :)

Look forward to the review on the chargers.. I use Eneloops and their charger works sort of.. does a terrible job on AAA as they do not stay "attached". I have tried adjusting till I turn purple to no avail...

So, you do not mind the BR attaching at your tripod mount point???

Pat in NH

PS: gonna do my first test on the next challenge this weekend! Have done almost ZERO night stuff so this will be good for learning (and a CHALLENGE!)

Corey @ Faymus Media

Look forward to the review on the chargers.. I use Eneloops and their charger works sort of.. does a terrible job on AAA as they do not stay "attached". I have tried adjusting till I turn purple to no avail...

So, you do not mind the BR attaching at your tripod mount point???

Pat in NH

PS: gonna do my first test on the next challenge this weekend! Have done almost ZERO night stuff so this will be good for learning (and a CHALLENGE!)

I love these chargers they work very well with the eneloops. I love where it attatches. I will do a review on this item tomorrow or friday if i have a chance. Its amazing. Good to hear you will be challenged in this contest with the night photos. I love night photos.

wud

Hehe never go down on equipment.

What a cool competition. I think I'll give it a go. Just wondered, will sunset be a nightshot?

RockyNH_RIP

Ok, who is gonna be the first brave sould to post his/her Challenge Photo??? Who even has a chance to topple Rick (axeman) fvrom his perch??? (He has earned that perch by the way!!

I took a few last weekend but they were not quite what I wanted.. I will head out once this coming weekend for a last ditch attempt! :cool:

Lets take some shots and have fun displaying our work...

Pat in NH

Alan

Pat like you I took some one night last week and the best thing I could do with them was hit the DELETE key. Hopefully I can try something else this week.

RockyNH_RIP

Pat like you I took some one night last week and the best thing I could do with them was hit the DELETE key. Hopefully I can try something else this week.

Alan, that made me chuckle!! I hit a few deletes too!!! I got a couple decent shots but they are not Challege material..

Thanks for making me smile at the end of a long day!

Pat in NH

Horoscope Fish

Ok, who is gonna be the first brave sould to post his/her Challenge Photo??? Who even has a chance to topple Rick (axeman) fvrom his perch???
I've got a couple shots I might toss in the ring just for fun... I know I'm way outgunned going into something like this judging from the work I've seen on this site, but I'm not letting that stop me.

Question, though, since I'm still new around these parts: Are participants limited to a single photo submission or can we submit a few different shots or... What?

Promise to look sheepish if there's a sticky I'm over-looking...

/not really looking that hard

RockyNH_RIP

I've got a couple shots I might toss in the ring just for fun... I know I'm way outgunned going into something like this judging from the work I've seen on this site, but I'm not letting that stop me.

Question, though, since I'm still new around these parts: Are participants limited to a single photo submission or can we submit a few different shots or... What?

Promise to look sheepish if there's a sticky I'm over-looking...

/not really looking that hard

Hello Fish,

These challenges, run by Faymus Media, run 2 weeks and each person is allowed One Entry. In addition, you should check out the Monthly Challenge!! These are run by the moderators here, and the current challenge ends on the 13th and they allow 3 entries per person.

These are all fun and will help you work to improve!

Enjoy,

Pat in NH

Last edited by a moderator: