Upgrade ?

John P

I am planning on upgrading from the D90 to the D7100. Will be purchasing in 2 weeks.
I have read all the good things about it.
My question is, have any of you had any problems with it?

crashton

I don't have one, but have been reading all I can about the D7100 on several forums. So far the consensus is the D7100 is a fine camera.

dmc

+1. I don't think you can go wrong with the D7100. In my hometown they are flying off the shelves and it is experienced enthusiasts buying them.

dmc

If you are using Nikon lenses, I just can't see how you would have a problem. Other manufacturers may be another matter.

Mark E

When the D7000 came out, I was in the market for a new DX camera, but after looking at the specs decided on something else. When the D7100 came out I thought there was a real improvement in the D7000 series and purchased one. I can say I am very pleased with the results. No problems so far and the color produced in the pictures is outstanding. Would certainly recommend one to my friends.

Harry Gage

I too have a d7100 and I am loving it. I get some very nice photos (to bad the guy holding the camera sux :) ) I have not had any issues as of yet and I have taken around 600 photos so far.

Physoc

Upgrade? Again? I'm old enough to remember when you bought a 'camera', a box to which you fitted a lens and into which you placed 'film'. Colour, mono, fast-film, slow-film etc. Your camera would last for years, only the media needed changing. Now in the 'digital age' Nikon, and indeed all the camera manufacturers, have to come-up with something new annually to keep production rolling. So next year expect a D7200 or maybe a D8100 with a 36Mb sensor so all you D7100 owners believe that you now own a dinosaur, and can't take a decent photograph without buying the new one. It's called 'Marketing', and you are the 'Consumer'.

John P

I was shooting in those days too. In fact I still shoot some film.
And yes, after almost 5 years. I was ready to upgrade the D90.
The 7100 has some serious upgraded capabilities.
I will be really happy. If this body is anywhere near the workhorse. My D90 has been.

Physoc

I was shooting in those days too. In fact I still shoot some film.
And yes, after almost 5 years. I was ready to upgrade the D90.
The 7100 has some serious upgraded capabilities.
I will be really happy. If this body is anywhere near the workhorse. My D90 has been.

Yes, I still have my OM1 and still love the sound of the shutter, but I fear that soon film stock will become unobtainable.

I have the D7000 and plan to use it to it's death [sic], but upgrading a D90 to D7100 is in a sensible evolution time-scale, and I expect you will be well pleased with one.

John P

Well, after a very long day of shooting. I absolutely love this camera.

Very capable day and night. Quite an impressive piece of equipment.

Picked up a Tokina 12-24 F4 Craigslist score. At a great price this morning. Wide angle was my missing link.

Glad I waited for the 7100. And the 90 will make a good backup.