what would be the next step after a D40

agoncalves

i currently have a D40...bought some lenses to go with it...love the camera...starting to get my photography career into gear...have to do a wedding in june...looking for something that is very SIMILAR to the D40...same battery...takes an SD card...has auto focus in the body...has no digital screen at the top (that is minor thing that i can deal with but would prefer not to have it)...does not need to have GPS or movie capabilities...importantly i do not want it costing me an arm and a leg...been looking back and forth from every kind of nikon and can't figure out what would be best...HELP!!!!! :confused:

agoncalves

ok so i guess the focus motor in the camera is the most important thing...i need to be able to move fast with this camera since it is a wedding...

Fred Kingston

Moving fast, and having a focus motor in the body are two different things... Having the motor in the body doesn't necessarily mean the lens will focus faster... Maybe you should do a wedding first, and then try to analyse how to improve your performance from there...

agoncalves

yeah thought about that too...didn't know if i should upgrade or not...want to make sure this counts because then my name can be put out there for more jobs...

Horoscope Fish

i currently have a D40...bought some lenses to go with it...love the camera...starting to get my photography career into gear...have to do a wedding in june...looking for something that is very SIMILAR to the D40...same battery...takes an SD card...has auto focus in the body...has no digital screen at the top (that is minor thing that i can deal with but would prefer not to have it)...does not need to have GPS or movie capabilities...importantly i do not want it costing me an arm and a leg...been looking back and forth from every kind of nikon and can't figure out what would be best...HELP!!!!! :confused:
Pretty sure the only current production Nikon cameras that use the EN-EL9 battery, like the D40 does, are the D3000 and D5000 so if that's a sticking point...

Fred Kingston

The D90, D7000, and D7100 bodies would be the logical limits to his upgrading... the battery cost factor being a non-issue... He'd still be in the DX family and able to use his existing lenses...

Chances are, if he went higher, he'd be a magnitude higher on his budget by going to FX...

Those 3 cameras also get him the full Creative Lighting System...