All lenses not working with the D7100

Rockwell reports ( all laugh ha ha ) that some sigma lenses will not work with the D7100.....105mm macro is quoted so if we could have some yes /no here would be usefull.

I suspect nikon may be doing with cameras what they did with battery packs....if the camera does not see a Nikon product it will not work with it ....oh happy times....

evan447

i recall the d7000 having the same issue with older sigma lenses. after a short while sigma offered a re-chip for certain lenses.

WalkaboutSean

My Sigma 10-20mm works perfectly.

I'm in the camp that kind of likes Rockwell, but his pages sometimes contain inaccuracies - he tends to use the same basic template for each camera Web page (understandably, to save time in content creation) and unfortunately some old info gets repeated on the new page. That bit about the "readers report Sigma lens not working" was pasted onto the D7100 page from an old review.

Harb

Tamron SP AF 10-24mm lens.

Metadata with image file not correct. Aperture shows as F/5.6 regardless of actual aperture. Aperture priority works with the lens. It is the metadata in the file that is incorrect.

Alx

My Sigma 8~16mm HSM DC lens working perfectly on the D7100. And how !
Results with the HDR feature are amazing, wide as 8mm DX is still super-wide, equivalent to 12mm full frame, and is the widest lens available in any brand for DX.

cadomniel

My Sigma 17-50/2.8 EX OS has the problem of the auto image review screen staying up for 1minute on the D7100.
I am suspecting there is also some focusing issues with the D7100 and this lens as well because images are sharper when this lens is mounted on my D5100.

I really like some Sigma and Tamron glass and have no problems with them on my D5100 but think I'll stick with Nikkor glass on the D7100 if this is going to happen...

cadomniel

The store has no problem with me exchanging it so I can send it back and get a Nikkor.
Now I have to decide what I'm going to get. I was thinking of getting the 17-55/2.8 and selling the 16-85VR but thinking about it again and maybe keeping the 16-85VR and adding a fast prime or two would be better :p

Jonathan

Rockwell was the reason I bought the D3100 and has been a rock of advice to me in that he gives clear and independent advice in the sea of confusion out there. However, I am now ready to walk away from his apron, especially with you reasoned bunch in support. Nonetheless, I would be disappointed to learn that, although much more knowledgeable than me, he ain't that hot a potato.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Rockwell was the reason I bought the D3100 and has been a rock of advice to me in that he gives clear and independent advice in the sea of confusion out there. However, I am now ready to walk away from his apron, especially with you reasoned bunch in support. Nonetheless, I would be disappointed to learn that, although much more knowledgeable than me, he ain't that hot a potato.

So life would be dull if it wouldn't be for a few disappointments here and there, Rock not so well being one. Though on some things I have to agree with him.