Nice little LCD cover for the D600

PapaST

I just got this LCD cover in the mail and so far I'm impressed with it:

Flashpoint Optical Glass 6 Layer LCD Screen Protector for Nikon D600 846431079389

1. It's $3.00 cheaper than the stock Nikon LCD cover.
2. The way it's designed it covers the LCD, the viewfinder and has an LCD top cover as well.
3. Not as irritating taking it off. It attaches by sliding off and on from the Viewfinder eyepiece clip. And not by the top and bottom clips that the stock model uses. Sometimes the stock model was a little difficult pulling that clip out enough to release.
4. The stock piece gets dust underneath, this piece will likely get dust underneath as well, but the good thing is it sits raised off the glass so even if dust gets underneath it won't wear because there's no friction between glass and cover. I had this happen to me with my D7000.
5. I like that it is raised because when I lay it on its back I'm less apt to have pressure on the buttons.
6. One thing I didn't like about the stock cover is the "clear" color made the back look cheap IMO. With this cover I think it improves the look by keeping the black continuity.

The biggest complaint I've seen with it so far is it shows fingerprint and face oils like a criminal's fingerprint blotter.

It's not for everyone I know but I thought I'd at least share.

Cowboybillybob1

It looks cool. Does the cover flip up so you can clean underneath. If it does that I will get one. I know a lot of people do not like the protective cover but I do. Surly can do with a better one than Nikon provides.

BackdoorArts

I had an over the eyepiece cover like that for my D90 and hated it. The extra glass over the eyepiece made it difficult to see the entire viewfinder, and the lack of a lock at the bottom meant that 1) dust and dirt can get behind it fairly easily, and 2) it can get bumped off unexpectedly (mine did and I only noticed when I almost stepped on it on my way back from where I went). I would much prefer one that snaps on the same way the Nikon plastic cover does, or that seals onto the glass. I have the latter type from Vello on both my D600 and D7000, and got the snap-on type for the D90.

PapaST

It looks cool. Does the cover flip up so you can clean underneath. If it does that I will get one. I know a lot of people do not like the protective cover but I do. Surly can do with a better one than Nikon provides.

It pushes upwards in the same manner the eyecup would.