Is it true???

Lscha

I've been researching most of the morning and found dismal information on teleconverters for Nikon 55-300mm. Hoping for some new development, I guess. I love the lens, I just want my camera to have the 500mm experience but seems that will NEVER happen since I won't spend several thousand dollars on a lens any time soon. Thanks for the replies.

Kevin H

I just set up this with my D5100 first pic is with Kenko 1.4 tele second with out both on a 55-300mm

215.jpg216.jpg

I've been researching most of the morning and found dismal information on teleconverters for Nikon 55-300mm. Hoping for some new development, I guess. I love the lens, I just want my camera to have the 500mm experience but seems that will NEVER happen since I won't spend several thousand dollars on a lens any time soon. Thanks for the replies.

You could sell one of your bows. LOL

Kevin H

I got it for a good price and am waiting to purchase the Nikon 300mmF4(near future by end of may) but it works good on my 55-300 for now

Sambr

Laura Look for a good used 300mmF4 around(750-800) that with a 1.4 TC and you have 625mm 90% of my wildlife shots are with this combo except on FX it's 425mm

Lscha

I just got my brand new, Kenko 1.4 Teleplus Pro 300 DGX. I put it on with my 55-300mm and it works like a charm. I found it on eBay for $209 free shipping. The company ships SLOOOOOOW but it was worth the wait. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post a shot with it here when I get one.
ps. If you get one, don't be alarmed by the rattle. If it doesn't rattle, it's broke.

Last edited:

Bill4282

From Nikon: The following lenses, although not a complete list, are not compatible with autofocus teleconverters: AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, any 18-55mm lens, any 18-105mm lens, any 18-135mm lens, any 18-200mm lens, any 24-120mm lens, any 55-200mm lens, any 70-300mm lens, and any 80-400mm lens