The Giant's Ring

Axemaniac88

These shots were taken at a place outside Belfast called the Giant's Ring. It's a huge circular enclosed field surrounded by an embankment that has this henge monument at the very centre of it. It was supposedly a burial site many hundreds of years ago, before being used as a site for horse racing in the 18th century. This was actually the first time I've ever discovered this place, despite only living 10 miles from it!

The Giant's Ring by dbrowne88, on Flickr

The Giant's Ring 2 by dbrowne88, on Flickr

Roy1961

Contributor
been on a few dates up there, long time ago, nice shots Axemaniac88, i was hoping it was from there when i seen the topic heading.

Last edited:

Roy1961

Contributor
had a quick look at your flickr pics, like the glenoe water fall, been there more than a few times.

Axemaniac88

Thanks for the comments guys! Glenoe is a nice place to go to as well, is there anywhere you can recommend Roy, when you lived here?

Roy1961

Contributor
what about the Belfast Castle and its grounds. although looking at pic's in todays BT is looks snowed in.

Axemaniac88

Thanks, I've managed to get a few shots of belfast castle, may try again soon though on a nice sunny day!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Axemaniac88

i need a nice picture of napoleons nose as a screen saver, any chance???:D

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you are more than welcome to use this shot I took a while ago!

DSC_0152-PS_zps7cdf752e.jpg