Hello From Orange County, CA!

LagunaAmy

Hello everyone!
My name is Amy, and I'm from Orange County, CA.
I originally fell in love with photography in high school many, many years ago.
I had a Pentax K1000 with an additional macro lens. (A completely "manual" camera - my goodness!) I loved taking black and white photos back then. Used to follow around a few local bands and would take "groupie" pictures!:cool:
Fast forward through kids, career, many "point and shoot" cameras, until I decided photography was a part missing from my soul.
Did quite a bit of research on cameras, saved up, and bought the D3000. Instant NIRVANA!
I also just started using Adobe Lightroom - fabulous! Boy, I have a lot to learn!
Oh, well, I could go on and on.
I look forward to sharing with all of you!

maxview

Hi Amy im new to :) Taken on board that you used to take B/W photo,s i feel there is still a place for B/W photo,s as somes times you can achieve a more desired/atmospheric shot.
I look forward to seeing some of your shoots

Fotojo

Hi Amy
Welcome to Nikonites, you are in very good hand with this group. You will find a lot of talented and friendly folks willing to share and help when asked. Look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Happy Shooting

Joseph Bautsch

Hello and welcome to the Nikonites community. Lots of friendly Nikon people here willing to talk photography and about their Nikons. Good to have you aboard.

Curt

Welcome Amy from Canada, I am sure you will really enjoy being a member of this forum. Great ppl. very helpful. I had a D3000 myself, great fun little camera.
Have fun with it :).

ohkphoto

Snow White
photography was a part missing from my soul.

Love that statements and I share your feeling. Welcome to the forum! I checked out your gallery and think you have some really great captures. The macros are sharp and the protraits tell a charming story . . . my favorite is the "nose to nose" kitty and child.
I'm looking forward to your sharing your posts and pics!

Best Regards

fotojack

Amy, welcome. :) I, too, started with a Pentax K1000 many moons ago, and yes..lots of B&W film ASA 400. :) That camera is still alive and well, I might add. Sold it to my sister in law 20 years ago, and it's still shooting great photos.
Welcome to Nikonites, where I'm sure you'll have a great time. You have some great shots in your gallery. Keep shooting more! :)

LagunaAmy

Hello again - and thanks for your kind words!
I just posted a few more shots from a day at the Getty Museum in LA. I hope you like them!
Amy

mosgood62

Hi Amy! I'm new too. Formerly from the OC, but now living in the IE. I also remember the days of strictly manual cameras & black & white photos. My fave was Kodak's infrared film & hand tinting. But now, I am strictly digital, & still learning about the digital darkroom. Things sure change rapidly!

LagunaAmy

Hello Mosgood!
Funny, I am originally from the IE, now in the OC! We must have exchanged places - haha!
Yes, gone are the darkroom days, and rolls and rolls of "bad" shots!
Have you tried Adobe Lightroom? I'm addicted to it...

mosgood62

Hello Mosgood!
Funny, I am originally from the IE, now in the OC! We must have exchanged places - haha!
Yes, gone are the darkroom days, and rolls and rolls of "bad" shots!
Have you tried Adobe Lightroom? I'm addicted to it...

Hello Amy!

Small world, isn't it? Lived in the OC for years, but I like the pace of the IE better.

I haven't had a chance to try Lightroom yet. We just received it, & it's still in its box. But I am hoping to have some time tomorrow night, or on Sunday at the latest to check it out. I've heard nothing but good about it. I think the absolute worse thing that ever happened to one of my rolls was when I dropped it off with a two bit lab. It came back ruined, & they made me pay $40 or so bucks anyway. I was really unhappy because those pictures were taken in Bodie CA. Still irritates me all these years later. I know I had some good stuff, but the negs were trashed....all scratched & they didn't do a good job aggitating it, & there were developer burns on the one side of the negs (sky). I could also see some splashing & splotches from the developer too. Sucked! I even told them that had I known they weren't professional, I would have gotten the chems & taken care of developing them myself. :mad:

Marla

Joohn

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the community. You are absolutely in right place to share your photography knowledge and gain more :)

Cheers!

LagunaAmy

Hello again!
Just trying to dry out from all the recent rain here in SoCal. May take some pictures at a Marching Band competition this weekend. Trying to spend some time with Lightroom... need to take a class!!