Best Lens For Near Low Light Video.....

NikonNewbSter

Hello Nikon World,

Im trying to find a lens that is good in low lighting on a close up video shoot....trying to find a decent lens for a decent price (ON A BUDGET LOL)

Thank you for taking time to open and read this post.
;)

theregsy

If you can afford it the 50mm f1.4 isn't much more money and that extra light might make a difference, what camera are you using? just wondering for the difference between AF and AF-S :)

piperbarb

I have a 35mm f/1.4 pre-autofocus. Fast, easy to focus, sharp as a tack, and works like a charm on my D7000. Haven't tried it on the D3000. I had totally forgotten it was still on my film body. I'm not sure how much it is, but since it's not autofocus, it may be quite reasonable.

Moab Man

I am using the 35mm 1.8G DX AF-S on my D5100 and can't say enough great things about it. Incredibly sharp, amazing in low light, and is spectacular for star photography.

Below: In the city with a full moon and the other same conditions with haze/clouds reflecting light.
http://nikonites.com/project-365-da...-learning-journey-moab-man-19.html#post130540

My next prime lens for my DX camera will be the 50mm 1.8 intended for FX cameras that on our cameras, as I have learned, is the equivalent of 75mm on our DX cameras and not 50mm (as it would be on an FX camera)

NikonNewbSter

SO MANY CHOICES lol @PiperBarb im going to look into it and do some research and see how it compliments the D3100 and @Moab_Man the shoots you took are very clean and crisp esp for that enviroment you took the snap in....I will def have to consider that lens

piperbarb

Yikes! I just checked a few sites for the lens I suggested. Oops. It's not in my budget, that's for sure. I bought it way back when in the dark ages of the last century. It was pricey then, but I didn't think it still was. Okay, scratch my suggestion.

NikonNewbSter

@PiperBarb yeah im looking at the 1.4's and they seem to be around the $500 price range and up but i looked and the 1.8's are pretty cheap but i might just have o save up a little more to get the 1.4.....but i do appreciate the replies.