Frankencamera

MrRamonG

I purchased the converter for my wife's J1 so that she can se my lenses. Now I'm just scared of it!

DSC_1371.jpg

Brusader

How hard is it to use with a long lens like that one? What's the balance like and as @Mfrankfort asked, where do you hold it?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not sure these were designed to be used with such big lenses… I'd be scared of warping the body and lens flange. And how can you manage to hold it at arm's length for an event let's say? Maybe with the models with a viewfinder where you can hold it close to your eyes but like this one, I'd rather keep my D7000.

Rexer John

Does it have a bit of brewers droop?

I think it's a bit of fun Marcel :) The only thing funnier would be to see it attached to an ipad.

MrRamonG

I'm not sure these were designed to be used with such big lenses… I'd be scared of warping the body and lens flange. And how can you manage to hold it at arm's length for an event let's say? Maybe with the models with a viewfinder where you can hold it close to your eyes but like this one, I'd rather keep my D7000.

Sure they were. The converter has a tripod socket on it. So if you wanted to use it with long glass the converter would support the lens and camera.

But you are right about it being difficult to hold! Using this lens and camera configuration, without a tripod, would be unproductive.

Sambr

Hmmm.....someone could say err....for the horizontally challenged? All kidding aside I saw one mounted on a 500mm F4 the shots were outstanding, but did it ever look funny.

JDFlood

That is great! Obviously you have to carry it around like my D800 attached to my Takahashi telescope (5" diameter and 5 feet long), by the lens. JD