My Wife

marcelt

307.jpg

This is my first shot a shooting my Nikon D600 . Any feedback - Good or Bad will be appreciated ??

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
I agree with Don, you should try to fill the view completely with your subject. In your version the subject doesn't appear in ~1/3 of the image. If you're worried about not being able to get a focus spot on her eyes when you've filled the field of view then use the focus lock. Obtain your focus on her eyes and then with the focus lock depressed re-compose the image and shoot.

BackdoorArts

What Don & Dave said. I can't tell you how many times I find the focus of what I'm shooting WAY too close to the center of the frame. Had you panned down a bit and got some space below her hands it would have been great.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I'm not sure since I've never been good with portraits and posing. Somehow it looks a little awkward but I don't know how to make any suggestion with this since I am not any better.

Rick M

You might try bringing her forward more and using a larger aperture to eliminate the creases in the background. I think the second is the best. Keep shooting!