Hello from Upstate New York

jmaas

Hi I'm new to the site and Nikon. I purchaced my first last month and Love it. I'm not a professional, but photography is my passion especially nature. Well everyone have a great day

Carolina Photo Guy

Hello and welcome to Nikonites! I just got back from a trip up your way through Utica and then to Watkins Glen.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I promise someone here will have the right answer.

Again, welcome

Pete

Joseph Bautsch

jmaas - Hello and welcome to the Nikonites community. What lens are you using with your D5000? I got close to Westdale on I-390 heading to Buffalo and Niagara Falls to do some shooting. Really pretty country. The people here are knowledgable and willing to share.

jmaas

Well I take portraits for my daughters, school, prom ect. I have a Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5- 5.6G Lens and I have a Nikkor 55-200mm 1.4-5.6G Lens. I am contimplating the 35mm next. I have taken so great photos in the area. It is beautiful I live on the fish creek at the dam so I get some amazing wildlife.

Joseph Bautsch

Two good lenses to shoot with. If you would please list them with your D5000 in your profile. That information will be helpful for anyone here responding to your posts. I looked at the two shots in your Gallery. Good photos. Nice shot of the Blue Herring. We would like to see more of your work. There is not much opportunity to do nature shooting in Atlanta.

fotojack

Hey, welcome to the Nikonites gang. Hope you enjoy your stay here and join in the fun with fellow Nikonites. ( I call them Nikonuts ;) ) Not to be picky here, but.......are you sure your 55-200 is 1.4 - 5.6? ;) Look again. :)

Hello from Northeasten Pennsylvania (NEPA)

Hi Everybody,

I'm new here, too, having just joined Nikonites earlier this week. Although I am not a professional photographer, I've been using Nikon cameras and lens for over 30 years. This speaks for itself.

Nikonites is a perfect place for me to enjoy other's photos and to show my work as well. Thanks for giving me this opportunity.

Phyllis

fotojack

Hi there, Phyllis, and welcome to Nikonites. You're a welcome addition to the site, and I personally look forward to picking your brain for whatever knowledge I can glean from it! :) lol On a serious note............there are very few "professionals" in here. We're all just Nikon fans and we all learn from each other. So welcome aboard. :)

Thank You, fotojack!

I'm here less than a week and I've already made some new friends who are eager to help me and to answer my questions. I hope that I can do the same for them.

Phyllis