DK-19 on my D800

Dave_W

The Dude
I put a Dk-19 on my D800 a few days ago and I think I really like it. I've read reviews that says they tend to fall off but so far it's held on just fine and when I tug on it, it doesn't seem to feel loose or that it wants to come off.

Does anyone else use a DK-19?

Dave_W

The Dude
no, after googling what a DK-19 was, do you like it Dave?

So far, so good. The reason I bought it was because I found myself pushing the camera against my face without thinking about it and presumably was doing it to cut out any outside light. In fact the last time I was doing a people shoot my focus point kept taking off on its own because my cheek was pressed up against the camera back. The DK-19 on my D800 reminds me of shooting with my old FM-1. In fact, I think my FM-1 has the exact same unit on it and if I were more intelligent I would have just popped it off and put it on my D800.

Btw, I bought mine from Adorama, it was only $7 and came with free shipping so it was a no-brainer for me. If I run into any issues I'll up date this thread.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I put a Dk-19 on my D800 a few days ago and I think I really like it. I've read reviews that says they tend to fall off but so far it's held on just fine and when I tug on it, it doesn't seem to feel loose or that it wants to come off.

Does anyone else use a DK-19?

Hi Dave. I don't have the Nikon DK 19 but I have been using the similar product from hoodman hoodeye for about 3 years now. I used it with my D700 before and kept it after I sold my D700 and now still use the same eyepiece with my D800.

I am right handed but my left eye is the dominant eye. It covers the peripheral vision and allows me to focus what is on the view finder.

Hoodman Glasses Model Hoodeye Eyecup for Nikon Round HEYENRG B&H

Here is what it looks like on the camera. You can rotate it if your right eye is the dominant eye.

D800E video rig back by gqtuazon, on Flickr