Masha: Boudoir Shoot

Robert Mitchell

Hi All. This is Masha. She came to me to build her portfolio and after our first test shoot, we decided that we worked well together and she is having me work on another 5 or 6 shoots to round out her portfolio. It's always nice when things work out that way.

Camera & Lens:
Nikon D700 & Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8

Settings:
All at ISO 800, f.2,8
[1] 70mm, 1/125s
[2] 38mm, 1/100s
[3] 58mm, 1/160s
[4] 48mm, 1/250s

Lighting:
[1 & 2] HMI LED Fresnel [about 10 feet from subject, about 8 feet up and slightly off axis to camera left. #2 is pretty much on aixs]
[3] Ambient window light [camera right] & Large white reflector [camera left]
[4] HMI LED Fresnel [behind and to camera right of subject] & Large white reflector [in front of and to camera right of subject, bouncing light from the HMI light into subject's face and body] & White wall [used as a prop as well as a light source to return light to fill side of subject's face]

[1]
p1447749382-5.jpg

[2]
p1447749400-5.jpg

[3]
p1447749362-5.jpg

[4]
p1447751034-5.jpg

Moab Man

I love the first three shots. Do not like the last ones facial expression. Without her beautiful smile I looked twice thinking that last one was a different person.

Amazing to me how much that change of smile entirely changed who I thought was in the picture.

Edit: I just figured it out. Without the smile it seemed to age her for me anyway.

Last edited:

Sambr

I'm with Rick these are great shots. Love the lighting with the B/W ones. Last one is beautifuly done the skin tones are perfect :)

§am

Welcome back, we've missed you :)

I love the first picture (saw it on your FB page a while ago) but in all honesty love all the pics - she certainly has an amazing smile, and I'm a right sucker for a girl with a nice smile :)

Robert Mitchell

Thanks very much. I so enjoy using HMI lighting with fresnel lenses because of the ability to focus the light and create beautiful projected effects like venetian blinds or small pieces of foliage, etc.